4/15 SPACE MUTINY REWATCH OPEN THREAD: Where else would you be on a Friday night?

:smiley:
Classic Mel. He should know funny; homeboyā€™s got a million of them.

4 Likes

Oh, wowā€¦ you could knock me over with a feather, I wouldā€™ve thought thatā€™d be one of his, for sure!

WE WAIT.

3 Likes

THAT sounds fantastic and a half.

And I respect their incorporation of bleu cheese in light of naming that the Jake & Elwood.

3 Likes

Especially relevant in COVID timesā€¦
meetingsdemotivator

7 Likes

Hell, we could probably fill up an entire thread with Dorothy Parker material:

ā€œI donā€™t know much about being a millionaire, but Iā€™ll bet Iā€™d be darling at it.ā€

5 Likes

ā€œHe is at home with his solitude as the note reverberating inside a bell.ā€ --Peter Heller, The Dog Stars

3 Likes

For a genuine Groucho Marx quote, Iā€™ve got:

ā€œOne morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas, Iā€™ll never know.ā€

7 Likes

For something a bit more inspirational from Groucho, thereā€™s:

ā€œI, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasnā€™t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and Iā€™m going to be happy in it.ā€

I mean, hot damn. Dude got it.

6 Likes

I want to build the attractions. That wayā€¦

I get to decide who lives, and who rides!

4 Likes

mst3k812screaminglemur

THE SCREAMING LEMUR! :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, I got complimented on my MST longsleeve not long ago while running some quick errands. So Iā€™m extra excited for tonight!

Letā€™s do this!

5 Likes

Well, dinnerā€™s on the way. Now are yā€™all ready to join me in gettingā€¦ ISO 9001 certified?

9 Likes

Thereā€™s no other place Iā€™d rather be on my birthday than a live event with a bunch of mysties

7 Likes

Thatā€™s ALWAYS the best, so glad to hear that!

I like to wear MST gear for errands as well, in the hopes I randomly encounter a fan whoā€™s in the know. Those impromptu ā€œYOUā€™RE A MSTIE?!ā€ conversations are just wonderful.

Tonight, we are all Buff Drinklots!

6 Likes

I am full of cake and whit claw though, so I may be goofyā€¦

6 Likes

Favorite MASH quote (Col. Flagg brags about hurting himself in the line of duty, even lethally)
Hawkeye: ā€œIf we had more men like you, weā€™d have less men like you.ā€

6 Likes

psychyouknowthatsright4

7 Likes

As long as weā€™re doing Groucho quotes:

ā€œWeā€™re in a mess, folks. Weā€™re in a mess. Rush to Freedonia. Three men and one woman trapped in a building. Send help at once. If you canā€™t send help, send two more women.ā€ Duck Soup.

ā€œHey, donā€™t drink that poison! Itā€™s $4 an ounce!ā€ A Day at the Races

7 Likes

:smiley:

There was a New Yearā€™s marathon of Marx Bros. movies on some channel (I wanna say TCM, but I canā€™t be 100% positive), and I watched them with my grandfather. Such great memories.

A wealth of brilliance all the way around.

6 Likes

You guys! SHERRI IS HERE! :partying_face::champagne::clinking_glasses:

8 Likes