Adventure! Intrigue! Zero-G fights! Comically oversized cowboy hats? You'll go over the moon for YOUR OPEN THREAD for tonight's MOON ZERO TWO Watch Party!

THE CONTINUING ADVENTURES OF ALL THINGS MOON-RELATED ARE CONTINUING TO CONTINUE TONIGHT!

This is your official thread for the second night of our Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series, “What’s Up with the Moon?”

This evening, we’re proud to present the lunar shenanigans of Moon Zero Two from Season 1!

This is a totally unofficial and completely unsanctioned watch party, so everyone’s gotta bring their own snacks. I slipped a $5 bill to Mega-Synthia to look the other way and not say anything to the Mads, so that should buy us a little time!

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex:

Or in the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater (but remember: if you’re watching tonight’s episode in the Virtual Theater, plan for the timing of the Door Sequence animation to run its course or advance through the animation and hit pause to get the episode ready before 8PM EDT!) :

However you decide to watch the episode, just remember to have the episode cued up and hit the Play button at 8PM EDT. You don’t want to be late for the Gumby wedding or that high-stakes game of Moonopoly!

12 Likes

Oh, and…

[ahem]

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

6 Likes

Woo-hoo!

My stepdaughter graduates from college this evening, but I will be here in spirit. And maybe in person, late, if it wraps up soon enough.

Have fun, y’all!

6 Likes

Heartiest congratulations to y’all out that-a-ways, @MichaelRobertson, and have a fantastico time of it all! :smiley:

4 Likes

Sit tight, everyone! I’m leaving on my taco run now!

4 Likes

Woohoo! Back at this once again!

Gosh, this is such a great episode, really pumped for this one!

Let’s do this!

5 Likes

Godspeed, @Aquarius, and happy taco run!

5 Likes

The Season 1 episodes are deceptively and surprisingly awesome when they’re revisited, aye. And Moon Zero Two is one of the better installments from that era.

Love to give this one another spin!

4 Likes

This is the one I was accidentally watching for the first several minutes of our last event, which prompted me to comment that the theme song would be stuck in my head for a couple of weeks. WELL IT’S GETTING RENEWED TONIGHT.

3 Likes

Oh, you must mean the theme song that goes ♫ MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ZE-RO TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ♫

6 Likes

I may have hummed the theme song a few times today. :smiley:

3 Likes

It is MAD CATCHY :smiley:

4 Likes

Apologies, I am at the ballpark tonight, but I promise I will keep an eye on the Moon from here to keep shenanigans to a minimum!

6 Likes

Have a fantastic time out there, and all the best, then! :smiley:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I had to hit up the local Mexican restaurant early for my Cinco de Mayo fix. We had no problem getting seated, but there was a line by time we left. We did miss the Mariachi’s though :frowning:

I plan on consoling myself by watching some very… unique cantina dancing in Moon Zero Two!

4 Likes

That Gumby wedding riff is my favorite joke from this episode, and when they did the quarantine reriff, they cut it!

As much fun as the reriff was, missing my favorite joke made me crazy!

3 Likes

Another episode I have no recollection of so I’m pumped.

Also is it werid to order Italian on Cinco de Mayo?

Asking for a friend :wink:

4 Likes

At least you got some solid jazz out of all of that!

THAT SOLID GOLD DANCING, MAN :smiley:

4 Likes

To cut that joke would be unthinkable. Love love love that one!

3 Likes