THAT'S NO MOON BASE!! No, wait … it totally is. Our bad. This is your open thread for tonight’s Project Moonbase Watch Party!

ADVENTURES ON THE MOON START NOW! This is your official thread for the first night of the Unofficial Mod’s Choice Summer Watch Party, and we’re kicking things off with Project Moon Base from season 1.

This is an unofficial watch party, meaning Kinga doesn’t know we’re here. Everyone needs to make sure to clean up any spilt popcorn before they leave!

As this is a classic episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at

Or in the Gizmoplex Theater:

Just hit play at the designated time and join us for a thrilling (thrilling?) space adventure to that far-off time known as 1970.

6 Likes

We’re gonna go way over the moon for the Season 1 gem! A fun main attraction and TWO Commando Cody shorts!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

4 Likes

Oh good, I tried one short once but I couldn’t get both legs in it. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

We’re only human; we put our Commando Cody shorts on one at a time.

4 Likes

Have fun, everyone! This introvert will be attempting to hide the fact she’d rather be ensconced at home watching this with you guys instead while mingling at an event tonight. Wish me luck!

6 Likes

Woohoo! So glad to be back in the open thread watch party groove again!

This is one of the better Season One episodes too! “Old Future” is so fascinating.

Let’s do this!

1 Like

futuramaworldoftomorrow

3 Likes

And amen to that! :smiley:

2 Likes

Have a fantastic time of it out there tonight - cheers, and all the best!

2 Likes

Optional Entertainment: If you have the S13 Soundtrack, you can press play on some Farid Barron Trio at 20 before the hour for maximum Gizmoplexality.

3 Likes

Probably my favorite Season 1 episode, and one of my favorites overall. I can’t be here for the watch party, but I’ll be here in spirit.

EDIT: Turns out I will be able to participate after all. Hitting play at 8 eastern.

4 Likes

That’s the secret: the Season 1 episodes are very entertaining stuff! It’s surprising that, as per The Amazing Colossal Episode Guide, the gang was reticent about having those episodes seen or released on home video once upon a time, because they’re well worth the journey.

Glad to have you here in spirit for this jazz!

1 Like

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :smiley:

1 Like

My respect for Season One has definitely gone way up since I was younger. It’s actually so neat to watch the show evolve from these humble beginnings to what we get today!

2 Likes

Yeah, this really comes through on a complete series rewatch.

There’s a level of quality to them that’s surprisingly and refreshingly excellent, especially with the title we’re going to cover two weeks from now (assuming the schedule holds up, of course), Moon Zero Two!

2 Likes

Twenty minutes! Cue the jazz!

2 Likes

mst3k504crowtrumpet

5 Likes

:rotating_light: PROGAMMING NOTE!! :rotating_light:

Remember, if you’re watching in the Virtual Theater, plan for the Door Sequence (or run through it and hit pause before 8pm)!

2 Likes

Where’s the countdown?

2 Likes

Ten Minutes!

Episode is cued-up and ready to go!

1 Like