“Sorry about the train wreck. Go enjoy yourself. Live the high life you know.”

3 Likes

“It’s The Annual Fire Hazard Dance.”

2 Likes

“Aw man, I hate it when seniors keep coming back.”

2 Likes

“Shake, shake, shake your forbidden parts.”

2 Likes

Me: What are you doing here, Gyps–(sees gypsy causing the walls to collapse) Whoa-whoa!!!

1 Like

“He offered me coke to play his record!”

Vicious as all get-out, and I love it.

Either this or Indestructible Man was my introduction to all the magic that is our cowtown puppet show. I know they remade this, but I haven’t looked at anything but the trailer. I just don’t think it’d be the same.

7 Likes

The deterioration of Joel’s soda jerk skit is hilarious.

It also is exhibit A against the myth some perpetuated in the Info Club days that Joel era MST3K was all sweetness and light and only mean ol’ Mike brought in the snark. :grinning:

6 Likes

[nod] Joel spanked the robots once for torpedoing his crafts how-to. Don’t think Mike ever resorted to corporal punishment, did he?

6 Likes

And let’s not forget the time Joel went all body horrory and rebuilt the bots into a guitar and amp.

4 Likes

To me Joel always felt like a dad while Mike felt like the goofy uncle.

5 Likes

But it was Mike who knew a thing or two about a thing or two. He was a little rough on those poor bots, force-feeding them flat soft drinks and whatnot.

4 Likes

Wasn’t that evil Mike?

2 Likes

The Film Detective who restored and released Eegah (1962) gives us The Giant Gila Monster (1959) in High Definition. Packaged with The Killer Shrews (1959) and both scanned in 4K, this hits shelves September 26th.

2 Likes