Anyone for an informal Watchalong this Friday?

I am offended. You, sir, have offended me.

No wait, that’s not offended I feel. It’s apathetic.

4 Likes

Hey what I miss???
lol sorry about missing the entire movie
POOPIE move

5 Likes

something about hypnotizing women without consent, I think?

5 Likes

“KT, what was the point of suggesting this watchalong IF YOU’RE NOT EVEN IN THE WATCHALONG?!”

I know.

5 Likes

Well, you could always suggest another one sometime.

2 Likes

You were just playing the role of the Mads. They pick the movie but don’t watch it.

12 Likes

If it’s alright, I’d like to offer a suggestion!

The episode I have in mind is one of my Feel Good favorites: 505: The Magic Voyage of Sinbad

Sirs, what do you think?

5 Likes

Sure, but next time give it like a day, okay?

3 Likes

I’ve applied the ointment, and grew that stupid beard and shaved the head and put on dungarees.

A big kid told me that if I did all that I’d be a Highlander.

I think the big kid said something about “now go chase down a horse on a beach and ____ it up the rear end,” but it wasn’t real clear.

It was a “good” movie, though, and Trace and Frank and Joel were on fire.

One of those I never think about watching again. Plus, it’s almost skinemax, in parts. The ladies of the blue waters. Around Munich, one supposes.

2 Likes

You never forget your first host, or your first Doctor. I’ll watch a Joel episode anytime.

But Joel is only the first among equals. I’ll watch those others, too.

I’m in.

5 Likes

Nah man, we should have a rule that you can’t propose a new watchalong until the last one is done, and then everyone will have to rush over here the moment the stinger plays to jam their suggestions in, like people trying to check into a Southwest flight exactly 24 hours in advance for a better line assignment, and…

you know what never mind

4 Likes

I have updated the list of prior watchalongs

3 Likes

A modest proposal -

@Pearls_Mint wiki, an invaluable aid to party planning, that tracks the “host” of these cherished gatherings is buried deep in this thread. Also, this tradition has evolved beyond being filler for the themed watch parties curated by our dear mods. Therefore, I propose -

Close this thread -
@Pearls_Mint opens a new thread, with her wiki as the first post-
We go from there…

Of course, should our dear mods wish to resume their roll in leading us in gatherings about a common theme, I’ll be the first to suck up…er… welcome their guidance, and say “this is fine, let us continue as is”.

4 Likes

No fricking way this thread be closed.

It’s valuable metacommentary and a stable reference.

Who the hell are you, the end of the world?

This thread I’ll stake for ten, and this annoyance I’ll steer for fifteen if it stays out of the way.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea and I’d like to hear from others if they agree? I’ll be out most of today but could start a new thread tonight. Or if a Mod wants to start a new thread and copy the wiki over that’s fine.

@jimmy_two_times don’t think of it as closing this thread, think of it as opening This Thread Part 2. All the metacommentary is still welcome, it’ll just be easier to find The List.

3 Likes

I second the motion.

1 Like

Okay I’m not hearing (many) objections so I’m taking @JohnnyRocket69’s suggestion to create a new thread, to continue this thread, only it will have the Previous Watchalongs Wiki table at the very top.

Find the new Informal Watchalong thread here:

I would suggest a Mod lock this thread so we’re not posting in two places? Thanks!

4 Likes