Anyone into radio panel games?

I absolutely love them. I always try to listen to the big British ones- Just A Minute, I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue, and now The Unbelievable Truth and I try to catch Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me on NPR too.

I used to have a bunch of older ones on a hard drive I have since lost, but I have tried to keep up with new episodes streaming on the BBC’s website and I have kept a few of my favorite classics like The 99p Challenge and So Wrong It’s Right.

So am I alone here in being a MSTie who also loves Mornington Crescent?

4 Likes

Thought that was Balki (Bronson Pinchot) from Perfect Strangers there for a second😅

4 Likes

Nope, David Mitchell.

4 Likes

Yes, I love all the panel shows on radio and on tv. Just saw Wait Wait live in Philly last week! It was a blast!

3 Likes

Torgy baby, you made my night! Nothing like a little Meipos love!

In Balki-contemporaneous news, RIP Markee Post. :cry:

2 Likes

It’s not radio, but Would I Lie To You has a very similar vibe on BBC television.

2 Likes

ISIHAC is my absolute favorite – I only have to hear the theme music to start giggling. JAM is another favorite, and I’m delighted that Sue Perkins has been tapped to be the next host following the late, great Nicholas Parsons. Also The Unbelievable Truth (there’s nothing quite like a Mitchellian rant). I liked The News Quiz best when Sandi Toksvig hosted, especially when trying to handle both Susan Calman and Jeremy Hardy.

Outside of the panels, I love The Goon Show, I’m Sorry I’ll Read That Again (the parent of I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue) and The Infinite Monkey Cage.

And as long as you’ve mentioned Mornington Crescent: I’ll open with Dollis Hill. Good luck with your diagonals…

3 Likes

Another radio panel show (and radio comedy in general) fan here, with many hundreds of recordings on the hard drive.

2 Likes