ATTENTION CITIZENS: Leave the Bronx!

Anyone still in the Bronx probably lives underground with Broadway chorus line dancers and crazy Italians.

5 Likes

Ah of course, and the Disinfestors aren’t very good at weeding them out.

3 Likes

Well I realized the order was issued to citizens of the Bronx. I was just visiting for a couple of hours, and so there’s no reason to believe there are any citizens left. It might all be tourists.

5 Likes

Gentrification’s high rent prices have done what the flamethrowers could not!

3 Likes

Being as I am crazy Italian, I can report that most of who were in the underground Bronx took a vote. It was decided that the Broadway people would be more enchanted by NM, then us greezy I-talians. We belong to the Bronx! The Bronx is in our very oily blood! How could we ever leave a place that is a part of us!?

“You can take the goomba out of the Bronx…but you cant take Bronx out of the guido” - Joey bag o’ donuts

side note…how strange. this is first post since i came back from my suspension, and Escape comes on the 4ever a thon

3 Likes

(Turns on the news) If EVER there was a day to leave the Bronx…

2 Likes

I think that sort of thing is common. Sometimes it’s more important to look cool than be accurate. Can you believe in the original print of Titanic they just put a random sky of stars in the night sky? It was years later when they fixed it in a rerelease.

3 Likes

It’s really not just a New York thing. It’s just a movie thing. Editors don’t generally care about geography since it’s not something that is really all that important in most movies.

The movie Breaking Away was made in the town I grew up in, Bloomington, Indiana. Residents have always found the baffling way they decided the town was laid out amusing.

That’s nothing. In that same movie, Leo claims to have fallen through the ice in Chippewa Falls (WI) on a lake that didn’t exist until 5 years after the boat sank.

4 Likes

When you’re king of the world, you get to do that stuff.

3 Likes

I know any movie set in the Outer Banks of NC also tends to get a lot wrong. Really not a lot of farm land and no reason to have a train as some examples. I think there is a train along the coast near Wilmington, but that’s far away.

1 Like

My absolute favorite, and this is in regards to Indiana again, is in the 1990s miniseries of Stephen King’s The Stand. There’s a scene where Trash Can Man blows up a power station in Indiana… with snow-capped mountains in the background.

2 Likes

The first time I saw The Warriors I didn’t realize they were supposed to begin up in the Bronx. The first major scene was shot in Riverside Park which I recognized, so I just figured that’s where the action took place.

Fast forward to some time later after they’ve been hopping on and off the subway to evade capture, and they are at the 72nd Street station. I was like “oh no! They were in such a hurry they hopped onto the wrong train and now they’re pretty much back where they started!” I have also done that, so I really felt for them at that moment.

4 Likes

I still haven’t left the Bronx…

4 Likes

NOT ALLOWED.

2 Likes

YOU WILL NEVER GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! :smirk_cat:

4 Likes

3 Likes