Beautifully Illustrated Film Posters

Watching this French film from the late 30s and the poster stood out

5 Likes

Just seen on Facebook. A Hungarian poster for Star Wars.

8 Likes

Ooooooooooh. I would watch the movie that got made for.

3 Likes

Wow. It’s like Star Wars meets The Night Land.

2 Likes

7 Likes

That poster makes me think it’s a sequel to Night of the Lepus.

And I’d totally watch it. :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s not, but you should anyway because it’s very good. Not as good as the book, but very good.

3 Likes

…you couldn’t be more wrong? It’s one of those titles that gets trotted around when people need “surprisingly depressing” media.

3 Likes

Raffles across the years (missing the 1917 Barrymore film, as I could not find any painted or drawn posters for that one)

1930 (and my favorite for the art)

5 Likes

I don’t know what Raffles is actually about, but I’m just imagining these as overly dramatic lottery posters.

2 Likes

It seemed to have an aroma of pulp, and googling “pulp raffles” was dead on target: Lord Lister, aka Raffles, master thief; origin Germany, 1908.

… Added it to a pulp reading list I’m slowly making my way through.

1 Like

The UK poster for Teenagers from Outer Space. No, I don’t remember the skeleton fighting the gargon either. Or the gargon being that small. But I love the poster.

5 Likes

SEE: FLESH BLASTED OFF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS IN LESS THAN A SECOND!!

This is a selling point?

4 Likes

I do wonder about the person who thought that was a good thing to put on a movie poster.

2 Likes

“I KNOW IT TAKES ME A GOOD 10-15 SECONDS TO BLAST THE FLESH OFF A BEAUTIFUL GIRL. COLOR ME IMPRESSED!!!”

3 Likes

Wrong Men from around the world

8 Likes

Wonderful posters to an exceptional movie.

1 Like

Someone was watching To Be or Not to Be in the ‘what are you watching’ thread and I looked up the poster and saw this one:

It must have been a post-war release, right? Because the movie came out in 1942 and there’s no way they would have shown that in Nazi Germany. Or had that poster.

3 Likes

Also, the Mel Brooks version is not very good, but it has a good poster.

4 Likes

“SEE: Flesh Blasted Off Beautiful Girls In Less Than A Second!!”

That could be the tag line for just about any show on Bravo now.

ShannonBravoTV

They used to show operas and symphonies and modern dance. Sigh.

4 Likes