Beautifully Illustrated Film Posters

I mean… I’m sold, based on these posters. I don’t care how bad the movie is, these are great.

2 Likes

Posted this in another thread a while back and forgot to re-post it here. Another MST3K movie with a cool poster.

7 Likes

Iunno, did they try praying? It’s been a while since I saw this one but I don’t recall anyone trying to pray the bat away.

2 Likes

I saw it on Max a year ago and loved it.

This is truly a case of life being stranger than fiction. Remember that 2015 Reese movie of the same name? It opened exactly 28 years after this one.

2 Likes

A couple more, The Flame of Love, starring one of my favorites, Anna May Wong - And a more recent movie, Foxtrot, with an effective poster.

4 Likes

Featuring an alien not actually in the movie.

3 Likes

An umber hulk?

1 Like

Also, that movie is awful.

1 Like

I enjoyed it for what it was, but it would be perfect Rifftrax and/or MST3K fodder.

2 Likes

For Rocktober (a few we haven’t already posted as far as I remember)

a scary one (to tie in with Halloween)

and a regular old rock and roll tale

5 Likes

Several of the horror flicks I’ve been watching lately. 'Tis the season, after all!

First is Mario Bava’s A Bay of Blood, which has a lot of gorgeous crimson emphasizing its campy horror vibe.

Up next is 2004’s Creep, which takes the isolation and eeriness of its late-night subway setting and manages to convey so much of that in an image:

Onibaba’s Japanese poster is way better than the US version. It doesn’t showthe Hannya mask that becomes the crux of the later parts of the film, instead playing up the dramatic conflict that makes up its core.

And Enys Men conveys its own themes of isolation, as well as its visual aesthetic, so efficiently here:

4 Likes

For Halloween, some Boris

and a Bruno

Tags: The Brain Eaters, Die Monster Die, Isle of the Dead

4 Likes

And not Halloween, but from my birth year

And lastly, Marcia, Marcia, Marcia… er, I mean…

4 Likes

I love this one! That’s a wonderful poster! I’d display it if I had it.

2 Likes

Not a huge Elvis fan, but I like this poster.

3 Likes

That and Jailhouse Rock are my favorite Elvis movies… speaking of the other

This is an oddball, you have art, but with a photo of Elvis’s head… and his skin is gray! So, he’s an imprisoned dancing zombie?

3 Likes

For a change of pace, this film has a color sequence at the end involving a fantasy ice cream factory which would not be topped until Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Edit: Also good.

3 Likes

3 Likes

None in Staten Island. The Wu-Tang Clan controlled that turf with an iron fist.

3 Likes

I missed a November positing, but here’s one for December.

3 Likes