Beautifully Illustrated Film Posters

Some movie fans are celebrating Japanuary by watching films from that country. We’ll celebrate it with a few posters.

Tags: Pastoral: To Die in the Country, Twilight Samurai, A Scene at the Sea

5 Likes

From “A Journey Through Fairyland (1985)”

4 Likes

Seen on Facebook-

5 Likes

Wow, I have to see that! From that poster it looks to be the most exciting movie ever. Full of intense drama and action and performance, a thrill a minute, someone translate that title so I can go and immediately watch…

Oh…

Nevermind.

(sweet poster art though)

2 Likes

Don’t think we’ve done this one yet-

5 Likes

Pretty creepy…

4 Likes

Wait, a movie that looks like that was made in the UK and not… say… Poland?

1 Like

Great title and the poster promises a chilling nights entertainment… but I guess the movie is total garbage… bummer.

5 Likes

4 Likes

When the cabbage guy showed up was one of the very few good laughs in the new series.

This will get longish, because Birdman had a variety of art prints.

There were a series of these, with Birdman standing on known structures from around the globe. This was one of my home towns.

4 Likes

I was discussing this film on Facebook and it has a great poster (which I may have posted before).

3 Likes

Wow, this movie must be great!

6 Likes

Unfortunately, they blew the entire budget on the poster artwork.

2 Likes

That was back when Vallejo could still illustrate scenes rather than just drawing bodybuilder pinups.

1 Like

Mary Pickford, 1918

2 Likes

The Birdman posters are terrific. I can’t see the word “Birdman” without thinking Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. I’d love to find posters for that show as good as these.

1 Like

I don’t know why it even has a poster, but I like it!

1 Like

Even on the poster, children are crying.

1 Like

Currently watching this, my favorite western, and one of my top 20 movies, all time. Not sure where these posters came from, alternate, fan mades or retrospective showings, but they sure are nice.

Happy 94th birthday, Clint.

4 Likes