Bowling Alleys

The lanes, the shoes, the company. Those bars crossed with a rec center. Junk Food, Pinball, Video Games. What’s your first memory? Childhood? Recently? Is it all that or the Elks Club? Pins, Cigarettes, Keeping Score. You still go or a thing of the past? Does one stick out?

The one I lived near as a kid had Altered Beast The Arcade Game. I must have spent $50 in quarters. “RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!!” haunted my sleep. I never did beat it.

1 Like

Back in my teen days we used to go to the bowling alley when we couldn’t think of anything else to do. It was fun and cheap enough for to be an option. The one we went to also had an air hockey table and a Gauntlet arcade game. They probably had other stuff, too, but that’s what I remember.

Bowling alleys seem a bit more common over here than they used to be, but the few times I’ve gone it’s been really expensive and blasting loud music. That’s not, like, the right atmosphere for bowling, man.

1 Like

A personal favorite of mine is Chaparal in San Dimas. Yes, that one.
Keanu Reeves 80S GIF

1 Like

There was one I went to when I was in high school because our PE teacher would take us to do bowling for a couple of weeks. There was a small bar attached to it, but it had a separate entrance. There was an area for shooting pool which some of the faster groups would do after they finished their games. And the same music was playing every day.

I can’t tell you how many times I heard Cher’s “If I Could Turn Back Time”.

bbmas GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Alas, that bowling alley is no longer there. A couple of years ago, it closed and now there’s a Denny’s. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well it’s still 24 hours!!! Before 2020 that is.

1 Like

Oh, if I could only turn back time… :smiley:

1 Like

And FIND A WAY?

1 Like