British MST3K, who would you cast?

I think this guy would make a 10/10 Crow.

Who would you pick for a host / mad / crow / servo?

3 Likes

Stephen Fry as the Mad Scientist.

Ben Whishaw as the Test Subject.

Roger Allam as TV’s Nigel.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge as the Test Subject

Peter Serafinowicz as Tom Servo

Ed Gamble as Crow
IMG_3893

Michelle Gomez as Mad 1

Mark Heap as Mad 2

5 Likes

Kiell Smith-Bynoe as the test subject. Dude is very funny.

3 Likes

Josie Long, Bill Bailey, Nick Frost, all would be good test subjects.

2 Likes

Richard Ayoade as pretty much anyone.

7 Likes

Richard O’Brien would make a delicious Mad.

5 Likes

Matt Berry as anything… it would be a very naughty show… and I’d love it.

In fact, just hire the entire Toast of London cast, in whatever roles, and let the good times roll.

4 Likes

First try:

• David Tennant as a Mad. Channel those Crowley vibes. But do it in your natural accent.
  • Phoebe Waller-Bridge as Host. She’s already good at talking to the camera.
  • Martha Howe-Douglas as Tom. Because Tom needs to be snooty. And why not gender-bend Tom’s voice this time?
  • Laurence Rickard as Crow.

I could be happily persuaded in other directions. These are just top of my head, it’s 6 am here, not enough caffeine yet thoughts.

I’d also include a polite request to not cast Matt Lucas because I’m done with his “voices”, tyvm.

4 Likes

I think the team behind Horrible Histories, Yonderland and Ghosts would do a good job, especially since they have a lot of experience with puppetry.

2 Likes

Also, I wonder if Alterniversal has ever considered licensing the MST3K brand to other countries?

2 Likes

Rowan Atkinson as the Mad-in-chief, Lord Evelyn Waddingham-Forrester.

4 Likes

If we’re going for voices and puppetry experience, we can dip into Red Dwarf and get Chris Barrie and Danny John-Jules. Might not work if we’re going for a younger demographic, though.

3 Likes

But Barrie and John-Jules don’t themselves have puppetry experience. A lot of the other team did double duty, especially in Horrible Histories. I don’t know what they call themselves.

1 Like

Julie Andrews as GPC.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if Barrie also did puppettering on Spitting Image, but John-Jules was the Fire Gang in Labyrinth. Not sure how much other experience they have, though.

1 Like

He was one of the voices of the Fieries in Labyrinth, but did he actually do any puppetry?

I’m pretty sure he operated the puppet, too, but because of how it was done it may have been a “we need a dancer for this” thing instead of puppetry experience.

1 Like