COMING SOON: An ALL-NEW Mods’ Choice Watch Party Series!

What, did you think we’d abandon you?

With the conclusion of the “What’s Up With the Moon?” series, your MSD3K Moderators are both proud and terrified to announce the next watchalong extravaganza:

“The Road Less Traveled,” kicking off July 21st, 2023…mark your calendars.

More information and safety procedures coming soon!

11 Likes

9 Likes

Uh, dang, that was FAST!

o7

6 Likes

Waits with bated breath

Oh no that’s like three weeks away I better breathe between now and then

6 Likes

Just call me Johnny Speedbow.

9 Likes

AND I HAVE ALL THE DETAILS!!!

See, what we’re going to do is give you a series of episodes whe-

[promptly subdued by tranquilizer darts]

5 Likes

And now I’m thinking of all the road movies we can watch… Motorcycle movies… Horseless carriage movies…

4 Likes

I suppose this will be a series featuring movies with way too much time dedicated to traveling.

OH GOD. ROCK CLIMBING.

9 Likes

Alas, The Mole People is not available, or we’d have to watch all the rappelling as well.

5 Likes

That road that leads to the Valley Lodge is not travelled very often…

7 Likes

I look forward eagerly to The Girl in Lovers Lane.

4 Likes

Girl in Gold Boots has a lot of traveling.

5 Likes

Dudes! Dudes! Riding With Death!

8 Likes

Without even seeing the roster, I’m already excited for another series of watch parties!

Thank you in advance for arranging more of these, Mods! :smiley:

9 Likes

This is a July Fools Day post, right?

3 Likes

Megaweapon got around.

Just sayin’

6 Likes

Given how many movies involved a hero’s journey, this could really be almost anything…

but what if it’s a psych out?!?!

Turns out to be all episodes with a Robert Frost reference!

6 Likes

This reminds me of an idea I had a long time ago to organize my DVD collection into bizarre categories such as “movies with a scene at a circus,” and “movies in which Martin Mull appears,” and “movies with titles that contain two pairs of double letters.” The challenge comes in not having any of those categories overlap, potentially meaning a re-org each time I buy a new DVD. I never actually did it, but it still seems like a fun intellectual exercise.

4 Likes

So, kind of like what John Cusack does with his vinyl in High Fidelity?

3 Likes

Probably. I haven’t seen that movie since it came out, so I’ll trust your assessment. I mean, it would be kind of fun to irrationally fight you about this, but since I’ve already revealed my cards it seems like you’ve already won.

I bow to your superior argumentative skills.

2 Likes