COMING SOON: A New Mods’ Choice Watch Party Series

And now, the news you’ve all been waiting for…the biggest event to hit the Internet in 2024…brace yourselves for an ALL-NEW extravaganza…

The Mods’ Choice Watch Party series returns with “It’s About Time (Until It Isn’t)”!

Kicking off Friday, January 19th!

Be there AND be square!

17 Likes

Death Bed: The Bed That Eats, right?

I mean, if it was good enough for “Son Of TV’s Frank”… :wink:

3 Likes

YAY!!!

5 Likes

9 Likes

I actually would be okay with the occasional cheesy movie without riffing so we can just make fun of it on our own terms.

5 Likes

It wasn’t just that I made it through that whole bloated cyst of a movie once, but that I did it after I had to curtail my boozing by 75%-80%. :partying_face: Probably could not have done it alone.

My happiest days on Twitter were those online amateurs’ riff parties so I’d be thrilled if there were a practical way for us to do that again. (But I won’t be returning to Twitter. The ratio of chaff to wheat was just too high in the end.)

2 Likes

YAY! Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

I see how it is, someone or a group of someones were irritated when we started doing it for ourselves and now they want back in on the watch parties…WELL LET ME TELL YOU THIS HOLLY HOBBY…

Im also looking forward to it!!!

5 Likes

Hey all, somehow a conversation about this ended up in the wrong thread. I am looking into how to stream public domain movies to Twitch so we can all have a you-riff cheesy movie party too. I only want to do PD movies so we don’t get in any legal hot water, but there’s a lot to mine there, especially shorts.

I can’t do late nights and I’m in EST, so we’re either going to have to do earlier evenings on a weeknight (I can probably manage 7 EST, but that would be pushing it), or a weekend matinee.

Assuming this is all okay with you mods.

What do you think, sirs?

5 Likes

Ok, Twitch is way too complicated, but I’ve created a group watch channel on YouTube and I will get access to it at 6ish tomorrow (I hate that they make me wait), so maybe we can riff on a few shorts tomorrow evening if I figure this stuff out!

2 Likes

Never mind! I got Twitch working! Can people let me know if they see this?

5 Likes

I’m seeing video that’s teaching me about courtesy. Well, trying to teach me, anyway.

3 Likes

Hooray! I will stop the stream for now and we’ll see about doing it later.

Man, I had to watch that short like 10 times waiting for someone to tell me if it worked.

2 Likes

Do I have to create an account or anything?

(You have to tell me if you’re a cop!)

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like you do, I clicked the link and got this

So I’m assuming if Squid was online we’d see whatever he’s streaming.

2 Likes

Correct. Logging in will likely be needed to access the chat features.

1 Like

Well, I’m out then. The last thing I need is another new site to try and deal with.

(I ditched Discord late last year after several years of barely using it for anything. It annoyed me and also didn’t seem very secure.)

1 Like

Sure, I got time. I had nothing but time. Endless time. At first, it was madness. Then enlightment. Then madness again. But perhaps it was a gift. I could see the life of time. And as I watched the life of time in all its fleeting, terrible light, I wondered, had I lived? Was I just the object in another’s story? Was that all I ever was? Could I be more? I had nothing but time and still no answer. Time without purpose is a prison. I have glimpsed into the mind of eternity. Perhaps the mind of God. And found nothing but silence.

1 Like

I found you.

2 Likes

That sounds … ominous. LOL!

5 Likes