Completely Random Thoughts ...

I’m reminded of a board game I have that includes “Alf” in a list of animals, alongside a few other strange judgement calls.

2 Likes

Talking with one’s mother on the phone after she’s been drinking is kind of odd. Especially when you have to keep reminding her that this not television, the judge probably will not accept baked goods, and nobody ain’t going to Mount Pilot to see a picture show with Thelma Lou. Goddamn, this is real life, not Boston Perry Legal Mason Matlock RFD!

But one is a dutiful son and humors the old gal, just because.

2 Likes

Everyone once in a while my mom will call me after taking an Ambien.

It’s… kind of traumatic

2 Likes

:notes: And when you drink at your mother’s house
Have a couple
Don’t get soused
You don’t wanna play surrogate spouse with her
When you drink at your mother’s house :notes:

1 Like

I have questions.

I have answers! But you probably don’t want them, tbh.

“Don’t start no sh#%…Won’t be no sh#$”

Quote from my platoon sergeant. Words to live by.

1 Like

Ha!

There’s a driver manager for one of the contracted companies who has a good one he learned from his stint in the Air Force:

“If you’re not < in your seats > in one minute, you’re wrong!”

Pretty good, but I don’t think I can get away with yelling that out to the drivers. Although I say plenty of crazy stuff.

“Lanes two and three, crank them engines, and (hit it and quit it!) (go on and get some!) (put the hammer down!) (hook it and cook it!) (boogie on down) (come at me!) (take it on down to funky town!) (stab it and steer!) (hit me! Good God y’all!)” and a bunch of other stuff.

Not really offensive. One of these days I’m going to accidentally say something way out there. “Lick it and stick it!” “Spank it and crank it!” “Rock out with your ______s out!” “Drop your _____s and grab you socks! Give it to me!”

Half the time they don’t understand what I’m saying, like when I give them a “You all highway bound now!” “Show no mercy!”

No, I don’t have a Southern accent, it just comes out that way for some reason.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Ain’t science amazing?

1 Like

*Engineering

3 Likes

Big deal. A lot of money poured into sound stages. :roll_eyes:

You’re both wrong. It was all down to mathematics! :smiley:

2 Likes

Pffft. Mathematics never solved nothin’. Er…

1 Like

I kinda knew but kinda didn’t :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I knew about the interstate numbering system, but I never got why they did the numbering they way they did. Plenty of sites list the rules but not the reason for them.

If they did west to east because that’s the way we write, then why do south to north? If south to north was to follow increasing lattitude numbers, then they should have done east to west increasing… I’m guessing it was just that the person that came up with the numbering rules was from southern California…

2 Likes

I’ve got a good random and yet true thought!

Sometimes a person will attempt to surreptitously “test” another’s character. For example, if a woman wishes to determine if a man is going to be clingy and boyfriendly, when that is not desired on her part, she might well attempt to display physical signs of affection, short of mouth-kissing or intromitting in public, and that is now understood.

So, may you all go in peace, and resolved in confidence.

After all, I suppose further that all relationships consist of testing boundaries and observing reactions. It may be disorienting, but I find it simple to understand.

Go in peace, my children, missa ite est.

And, to recall, there better not be some “person” flagging my post on this. My rule is nothing saltier than MST3K, and I follow it. If you disagree, you’re wrong. Point final.

1 Like

Beg pardon?

Wait, isn’t it “Ite, missa est”? (“Go, the mass is over?”)

The people called “Romani”, they go like a house?

1 Like

Yeah, but the RCC isn’t fussy about things like that!

Totally cool, dude!

2 Likes

Yes, the Catholic Church is known for its “hang loose” and “it’s all good” ethos.

3 Likes