Completely Random Thoughts ...

Talked to my long time friend about my tax business (I get maybe a half dozen or so clients nowadays from around several hundred we used to have back when my late wife and I ran our Spanish services business) and I’m taking it year to year if I will continue it or not based on when clients start to contact me. He’s giving me pointers on how I can keep it going by expanding to bring in more clients and other pointers… My wife and I ran this business together for 16 years and I’ve continued on with it since but I don’t have the time nor desire to dedicate to it anymore. I’m concentrating more on my e-commerce business (Google, eBay, Amazon) for a steady monthly income and the tax business is just a little extra side cash (after paying for the IRS e-file renewal fee and the tax software annually so I may pull a couple hundred dollars profit after that)…
This is the same friend that inherited a lot of money when his mother passed 5 and a half years ago and has been blowing through his inheritance buying a dump truck and trailer last year that are now both broke down, as well as a $3000 bottle of scotch whiskey, and he just spent $10 grand on a storage building that didn’t even pass inspection because of shortcuts the builders took!
He’s mentioned several times that we should go into business together but I can see that being a disaster from the start: working when he feels like it, blowing through money for things that aren’t making him any money in return so far… Yeah, um… I appreciate the advice but you really need to fix your own house before giving me advice on mine :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sharon Stone is doing Lens Crafters commercials now? You learn something new with a free trial of Youtube TV just to watch the Oscars.

1 Like

That AQotWF inside joke for us cinephiles by Kimmel.

1 Like

I can imagine a timeline where the USA does not exist because Katherine of Aragon bore Henry VIII a healthy son.

2 Likes

Joe Don Baker had a documentary nominated?

Nervous Julia Roberts GIF by Gaslit

1 Like

I would love to know the chain of dominoes that leads to that.

3 Likes

It’s a winding road, but the long and short of it is in this scenario, if a healthy male heir had been born to Katherine, England would have remained Catholic and could have built / maintained closer ties to Spain and France rather than constant warfare. (And even if Henry had sired Mary Tudor legitimately and Elizabeth / Edward illegitimately with Anne Boleyn / Jane Seymour, none of the three would have ascended the throne when they did.)

In turn, this could have resulted in France not coming to the aid of the colonies in the Revolutionary War, or perhaps even aiding England, therefore the USA as we know it never happened.

The number of variations, of course, outnumber the stars in the sky, but I find this scenario rather plausible.

3 Likes

More crazy 2022/2023 bingo! Ed Norton doing easter egg cosplay in Glass Onion.

judging tom cruise GIF

1 Like

I really REALLY want Lady Gaga and Sam Smith to go on tour together. Throw in P!nk for a triple billing.

1 Like

Sam Smith: “I played Satan.”
Dave Grohl: “That’s cute.”
satan GIF

1 Like

While I’m not as geeked out about it as I used to be: There’s still something just magical about the opening day of the NCAA Tournament.

Already been some crazy results today. This is fun!

2 Likes

:sleeping:
Imgur

2 Likes

This is the end of horror movies…

3 Likes

Awfully presumptuous bed…

1 Like

I take my Apple TV with me when I travel.

6 Likes

I’ve heard that Captain Jack Sparrow runs like a ninny, all flopping around and stuff.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this be called a ‘Chip Lager’ by n Brooklyn? :face_with_monocle:

Kidding aside, it tastes rank. So rank I only barely managed to drink 6 cans.

3 Likes

Brooklyn Brown is yummeh.

1 Like

Well Gang, we’ve made it through another Winter.

2 Likes

Says you :fallen_leaf:

2 Likes