Conservation of humor - What incredibly short riffs produced the biggest laughs?

Does a riff from the movie itself count? :laughing:

One of my favorites is the “It stinks!” (while making an okay sign) in Pod People, during the recording session.

14 Likes

In Wild Rebels, when Rod is recruited by the police and they tell him they have a plan, Joel says “It’s called Operation Weaselsnitch.”

8 Likes

“Spaz attack!” from the Undead when Satan’s minions are dancing around.

8 Likes

Repeating “down, down” a la the professor guy in The Mole People. I just added it for my own enjoyment in The Killer Shrews. It’s quite versatile.

12 Likes

WAYS.

7 Likes

Bill Corbett’s Crow could really get me laughing with straight-to-the-point riffs like “WHAT?”, “the hell’s this…” or even with a silent but dramatic head shake! I think it’s his tone of voice when he says them that does it.

10 Likes

Bill’s Crow could have this very understated and very dry delivery at certain points, and those certain points were CLUTCH.

8 Likes

Gee, you missed the ultimate mini-riff from Invasion of the Neptune Men: EAT IT, MOVIE!
and of course, “I’m HUGE!”

12 Likes

There was nothing quite like a well-timed/well-delivered “Shut up, Iris.”

And I’m keen on a follow-up of another “Shut up” or “I tell ya, shut up”.

8 Likes

“Do something!” from Manos. I’ve never related more with a riff than that.

14 Likes

From Design for Dreaming, when the automated kitchen has produced a complete frosted cake with candles burning:
Mike: “I call no way!”

12 Likes

Mitchell!

7 Likes

It’s not even words; just the simple machinery-breaking noises they make when Cal’s assistant is stepping through the room with interociter parts in This Island Earth.

16 Likes

mmmmManos.

4 Likes

“Rump.”

8 Likes

That reminds me of my favorite riff from that short.

“That squares my breasts!”

:laughing:

15 Likes

i don’t really remember that, but i’ll be damned if i’m not going in asap. :handshake:

5 Likes

Yeeeessss! The duck quacking bit is one of my faves. It’s just inexplicably funny to me.

7 Likes

“You shove off!”- Red Zone Cuba

10 Likes

Not a riff per se, but I crack up so hard any time Pearl says “Get bent.”

9 Likes