Curious

You’ve all forgotten about Yahoo Serious !

5 Likes

We were TRYING to…

5 Likes

Bettin’ on th Weez!

gene wilder tuxedo GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

2 Likes

We, as a nation, said no to him.

6 Likes

Fine, then, you all get an extra helping of Emo Phillips !

5 Likes

Ok everybody ease up or I’ll counter with Milton Berle which always ends in tears.

2 Likes

People who feel like they need to choose between MST3K and Rifftrax are probably the same people that only eat one flavor of Ice Cream and won’t try any other. No need to choose! Just eat whatever you’re in the mood for!

5 Likes

Who doesn’t enjoy a nice toe-jam and onion cone on a hot summer day?

2 Likes

I’ve seen sushi in cone shapes. [shrug] Whatever keeps you happy… :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

A few years ago, Mike DID get a little bit of blowback because he had been associated with Doug Tennapel (the creator of Earthworm Jim), and Doug is an awful person who says awful things on his podcast. Mike had been a guest on the podcast at other times, but was not when Doug said the particular comments that people really objected to. Mike issued an apology and dissociated himself from Tennapel.

Even then, some have pointed out the questionable humor on some of the earlier Rifftrax. To his credit, Mike has not gotten in the way of any of those jokes being re-recorded later.

5 Likes

Don’t threaten me with an incredible time.

6 Likes

Bad news. We didn’t have his required $1.17 (U.S.) an hour. All we could get on such short notice was Howie Mandel.

1 Like

It’s even worse than that, someone got a hold of a cryogenically frozen head of Gallagher !
Angry Watermelon GIF

1 Like

Tell him we don’t need him to animate Squigglevision Shannon, his character from Home Movies.

That should bring it down a few cents.

2 Likes

The only actual feuds I know of are Trace (and maybe Frank) vs Joel over being invited to work on the reboot, but not getting an $$ offer Trace thought was right for his place in the history of MST3K. This doesn’t appear to be that big a deal now, as The Mads are friendly with much of the new cast.

The other one is almost everyone vs Jim Mallon, over who was actually making money off the original ten seasons. Mallon sold out to Shout/Joel, and this is part of the reason Rifftrax now sells MST3K eps on their site.

Otherwise, everyone is just doing their own thing, and happy with it.

6 Likes

Yeah, I think the Mads feud is pretty much over. I also think it’s pretty hard for them to keep their anger up against Mallon since he’s totally out of the industry now. After Jim’s young daughter died, he quit TV and went back to school to become a counselor and now works for a hospital.

4 Likes

Not flying into a rage over un-fixable stuff that happened decades ago is definitely on my to-do list. My therapist is having me keep notes. :innocent:

5 Likes

They’re all adults, they’re all professionals, they all have long working experiences with each other, and they all at the very least come across as nice people. So yeah, I don’t see that they would have decades-long feuds. At this point, The Mads have their project, Rifftrax has their project and Joel, hopefully, has his project. That’s fine. More riffing equals more fun.

3 Likes

Certainly, Bill and Kevin had no problem showing up in the first new season, and Mary has made several appearances.

5 Likes

Mary Jo was a writer in season 13. Not sure about 12 and 11.

3 Likes