Favorite episode-specific running gags?

Perfect skewering of that ridiculous and needless narration from the opening.

8 Likes

Two of my favorites are FUGITIVE ALIEN - “He tried to Kill me with a Forklift”

and TORTURED - “Sessions presents…” Being a child of the 70s I remember those record commercials very well.

11 Likes

I feel like that one came up a lot but I can’t back it up. It was gold, though.

5 Likes

It popped up here and there, but it was a running gag in Tormented

5 Likes

Crow turning the titular monster in Godzilla vs. Megalon into a Borscht Belt comic constantly promoting his upcoming appearance with Ben Vereen and Anita Gillette, like some desperate couch warmer on the Merv Griffin Show.

12 Likes

Capsule! Yongary

9 Likes

It doesn’t get better than Space Mutiny: Big McLarge Huge! Chunk Manmuscle!

9 Likes

Village of the Giants
willow GIF

5 Likes

“Will you forget the skid marks?!?”

6 Likes

Do you have any fruit to declare??!!!

10 Likes

The employee getting the size of bodies of water mixed-up gag from Assignment: Venezuela is pretty good too!

“Well, if it isn’t Mr. Big Lake…”

5 Likes

The debate over just exactly what the south is going to do again in Laserblast.

13 Likes

Red Zone Cuba (1966). The Curly and Coleman Francis puns. “The Male Curly can run for hours on little water.” “Native beaters are used flush out The Curly.” And then there’s… “Going down the road, tryin to loosen my load, I got Coleman Francis on my mind.” “Under the spreading Coleman Francis.” Between those and the coffee ribbing, Cuba barely survives.

7 Likes

Let’s not forget Corporal Justine.

6 Likes

“Hosanna Superstar!” which Tom does over and over again until Mike tells him to stop in The Beast of Yucca Flats.

6 Likes

Night of the Blood Beast again. And all its Steves.

10 Likes

“And the crowd goes wild!”
“Yaay.”

13 Likes

Tom compulsively singing bits of “My Way” along with the piano music in The Brute Man. “It happens every time!”

9 Likes

I came here to mention the sheriff who looks like Hank Jr. in Laserblast.

8 Likes

Lot of great ones listed so far, though I do love the hallway gags from Gunslinger.
Saying “come out” when she knocks on his door is just one of those perfect comedy moments where it takes only two words to trigger a massive laugh.

13 Likes