Favorite Invention Exchange?

Inspired by Tragic Moments, I’ve reworked a later collectables craze:

A series of cute little plushies, each with an edible exterior. Their filling is dried rice. When your kid loses interest in collecting the things and you’re tired of having them all over the place, just rinse one in the sink, throw it in a pot of seasoned, boiling water or broth, simmer 30 minutes, and you’ve got an economical and tasty side dish or dessert base!

We’ll call 'em…

RICE RICE BABIES !! Each comes with cooking instructions and a recipe on the back of their name tag.

(Working on the dried-legume-filled version. Gotta’ clear it with the lawyers first.)

Whadaya’ think, Sirs? :stew:

3 Likes

I actually love this.

2 Likes

It’s all fun and games until a metal-ish rockstar bites the head off one of 'em onstage and he loses several teeth.

2 Likes

As Gypsy once said: “It’s all fun and games until somebody DIES.”

3 Likes

For the dried legumes, make the packaging in the likeness of celebrities.

Example: Barbra Streisand for Yentl Lentils

3 Likes

And can’t forget Orson Bean. (“He’s a cop!”)

2 Likes

Is there anything more resilient than the Square Master?

Is it Bold? Heck yeah it’s bold! And depending on Frank’s enthusiasm, it’s extra bold!

3 Likes

And the Black Eyed Peas Black Eyed Peas. Perhaps a bit redundant.

4 Likes

Ok, hear me out: we make us as the bean plushies. Also, I said “Si” (as in yes in Spanish) at a Chinese restaurant to a worker there today. Am I going crazy?

2 Likes

@CLANG_Potroast You are always on when I am. I love the universe.

2 Likes

All the best Chinese hole-in-the-wall restaurants in my N.J. days had the menus in English, Chinese, and Spanish. Hudson County 4EVAAAA, Baybeeee!!! :yum:

2 Likes

Heck yeeeeaaaahhhhh! (What makes this worse is the fact that my family was there. And I ordered Shrimp fried rice)

2 Likes

Oops hold on- someone just cussed and I think they dropped a big thing of O.J. (CRUD)

1 Like

Johnny Longtorso came to mind in the last few years.

The process to assemble Johnny reminded me of the subscription service I did to build the Back to the Future time machine. In the end, after 2 1/2 years and a few thousand dollars, I had my own 1/8 scale DeLorean Time Machine, but given the process to get it all together, it reminded me so much of Forrester’s IE.

Though I soon learned this is a method for a number of other items. From R2-D2 to many other vehicles…but given the stress I was feeling just building this one model, I passed on KITT.

3 Likes

I think the Add-A-Pearl necklace was the original Johnny Longtorso.

2 Likes

With no reservations it is Cowboy Mike’s Own Original Red Hot Ricochet Barbeque Sauce. All the IEs are a fun little appetizer for any MST3K episode, but the one for Starfighters was memorable, fun, they were all so enthusiastic, and it was such a great send-up on BBQ ad tropes. And it took place in a time before the show gave up on IEs. And so many great zingers… It’s an IE that’ll bulldog your taste buds and hog-tie your tongue, you little priss-ants!

COME AWN STEAK U WANT SOME!?

3 Likes

Cake 'N Shake was also a jewel of an invention.

If they’d offered those to the top-tier donors last year, I bet we’d all be watching previews of S14 right now!!

Hail to thee, Dear Rodney. Someday we shall meet again in Riffers’ Paradise. <3

1 Like

Every time I see some useless sports equipment I think of the Squaremaster. So much that its kind of a shorthand. Like i see this and say, “oh, its a squaremaster.”
IMG_9258

4 Likes