Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 10 - December 2022 (“Winter / Wonderlands" Month)

This is an excellent selection of episodes (really pleased to see a Netflix-era episode in the mix), but the vote was really easy: Jack Frost!

A phenomenal, feel good episode that’s gives everything MST3K stands for. It’s such a special episode!

It’s a Good Deed! :smiley:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Editing Error in Lost Continent sketch

All I have to add to this is AVALUNCH! AVALUNCH! AVALUNCH!

I’m so happy to see a Netflix-era episode in the Vault, and one of my favorites to boot. Don’t mind me, I’ll just be waving my drink toward the window and drunkenly/ironically demanding a lillll moar ice

11 Likes

[gasp!]

Even though I still made The Day The Earth Froze my favorite of the month.

5 Likes

Making it even more appropriate for December, the character the English dub calls “Jack Frost” appears to actually be Father Frost, one of the counterparts to St. Nick.

6 Likes

I was so pleased with the selection for December! But if I have to vote, I’m voting for the one, the only Avalanche. I mean, it’s probably because I’m from a place that has winter 8 months a year, but I’m a fan of anything where snow is the title villain.

7 Likes

I was scanning through the selections for the the December themes, and winter wondered how Swamp Diamonds fits in…so I watched it…and I still don’t know!

Is the Louisiana bayou a mythical magical place?

Wonder how all the women from Gunslinger made their prison escape???

In the meadow we can build a snowman, and pretend that he is Touch Connors?

5 Likes

Snow Connors?

Frost Connors?

Sleet Connors?

Heh, any which way, welcome to the forums, glad to have you here!

4 Likes

Not sure if this has been asked… But has anyone been experience weird pause blips while watching Avalanche… Like it needs to load… It always happens at roughly the same spots. and on multiple browsers. and different days. It’s most like not my connection speed. I haven’t had this problem at the Gizmoplex until now.

1 Like

Avalanche was one of if not my favorite episodes from the first Netflix run, so that will need to be watched.

4 Likes

The Lost Continent is my absolute FAVORITE episode of the whole series! But I have to say The Day the Earth Froze is in my Top 5.

8 Likes

I’m a native Midwesterner who recently moved south, and I think hearing “Ohhh, it was so ding-dang cold, ya know, the car wouldn’t start” would make me shed a nostalgic tear right now.

8 Likes

Head is an underrated classic. I love it so much. (AND it has a cameo by MST3K favorite Frank Zappa!)
2g7j072

4 Likes

Personally I would’ve made The Painted Hills one of the Vault Picks instead of Swamp Diamonds.

2 Likes