Fellow Musicians!!

Gosh darn it.

You can find many free sites and YouTube pages that offer tutorials. I follow a few for guitar. I would follow some for saxophone, but someone decided to break my heart and take it away. Still holding a grudge after 23 years. (It was helping me use my lungs more efficiently. A grudge is justified.) A YouTube account I strongly recommend belongs to James Rundle. He offers virtual tutoring services, but you’ll have to look that up yourself. One of his pupils got to play along with Brian May. If that doesn’t interest you maybe learning a song or knowledge about Queen and The Cross. He does acoustic and electric guitar and product reviews.

Tutorials won’t help my ineptitude. Believe me, I know my limits. But thanks.

1 Like

limitations

3 Likes

I would love to be able to play a stringed or wind instrument, but I’m this guy. I hope to come back as a harmonica player or a flautist or something … whatever doesn’t weigh three hundred pounds and take 45 minutes to set up.

6 Likes

Sound engineer be like ‘one over-head mic alright for you? Sorry, time for my smoke break’

2 Likes

Bass player but sang in bands. I’m not coordinated to play an actual guitar so I took the easy way out and played Bass.

3 Likes

I’m an agile bass player, but I’m too uncoordinated to sing! I can sometimes talk and play, but barely.

3 Likes

I can’t sing and play also, hahaha so I became the lead singer instead.

3 Likes

Uilleann pipes here…

5 Likes

That pedal is like one of my in jokes made real!

2 Likes

It’s like a joke wrapped in a joke wrapped in legitimate art. :laughing:

1 Like

Hey all! Just started hanging out here, so I’m trying not to create new threads for things already started…

Fancy some epic heavy metal? How about a song about a CAT? Well, how about song that also includes a ridiculous $0 budget video full of “wormholes” and cut-out cats flying all over the place?? Sound good? Then look no further, my friends! :grinning:

After a long hiatus from music creation, this is the first complete song I’ve accomplished in years, so I’m pretty excited about it. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going and have a full album out there before the year is up. We’ll see :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello musicians! I’m new to the thread but I just bought a drum kit. I have never played a drum before in my life, so I got a reasonably priced electric kit so I don’t have to torture my husband/neighbors with the sounds of me learning. The last time I played an instrument was in 1992, and it was a saxophone.

I’ll almost certainly sign up for professional lessons, but I wonder if any drummers here have any tips or advice or suggestions for beginners. Videos to check out, just things you’ve learned from experience, anything like that, I would love to hear about it. :hearts: :drum:

3 Likes

I don’t know what you mean by “fallow musicians”. Is that like a trumpetist taking the year off from playing?

1 Like

Ob:
adc13fa05ea0909bdde6c5384a2c6dc7cea15cec

3 Likes

Oh yeah I already told my husband I need one of these. I’ve already got a big portable battery for the electric kit… now I just need an exoskeleton :smiley:

2 Likes

…I need one of those for my bass.

1 Like

Oh hai. So my standard line is “I can play any instrument, but if you want to know which ones I play well, um, er… sorry.”

I’ve been part of the underground ukulele scene in NYC for the past 15+ years (though I think the aboveground scene evaporated several years back, so I guess we’re it now? I dunno, I don’t pay attention), and I thought I was primarily a guitar / ukulele player with all the random side things you’d expect (bass, harmonica, trumpet, clarinet, violin, drums… as well as weird electronic things) in various stages of “well, I can produce sounds from it…”

But oh wow about two years ago I started actually learning to play piano (I’ve always had keyboards, but just picked out the notes I needed for the song I was working on) and hey guess what I think I’ve actually been a piano player all my life but I just never knew. I’m way too old to be able to totally master it, but it feels natural to me. My style right now is limited: right hand plays chords and occasional melody bits, left hand does single bass notes. But here’s an added bonus: that’s pretty much exactly how you play accordion, so now I’m promoted from mere owner to player in that arena.

Main musical influences are: The Residents, Neil Innes, They Might Be Giants.

4 Likes

This is an AMAZING list :smiley:

2 Likes