Forum Achievements/Unlocks

This is a test…

@CreditCoach-Jeremy_D see this link to learn how to get Backer next to your name… https://forums.mst3k.com/t/why-isnt-backer-next-to-my-name/2125/57?u=jakegittes

Again, that was a test (but maybe a helpful one too)

Mostly I want the badges to be a surprise (or, as the guy in Squirm says it, “A Zoooprize!”) and not chase after them. But I did try the License one, again to see what it did (thanks EBK) and I learned how to undo a deleted post, so that’s was a help (that happened to me once, and I had no idea how to undelete it, so I just redid the whole thing)

EDIT and that did it, unlocked 2 (well 3, with Licensed) badges.

Now I need a “learned something new” badge, and give out a teacher badge for those members who helped me out. :wink:

1 Like

Feedback: I achieved trust level 1 by doing nothing but having the forums open on a tab in the background. Not sure I should be trusted for that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried using the Flag option to reply by e-mail, and that didn’t do it, either. Since nobody has earned First Reply by E-mail yet, I think @SandyFrank is right and that it isn’t active yet.

2 Likes

Did you assault the tab? Or drink it?! Maybe you were granted the trust by the Soda gods… :thinking:

I suppose I should start punching myself now… :fist_right: :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Perhaps if you were to pay your tab…

1 Like

Backers! Woo!

Still waiting on the Reader badge, though.

I used the same email as my Kickstarter account, but on my end I don’t show as a backer. Sad face.

1 Like

See if this fixes it. Most of us had to do the same.

2 Likes

Thanks much! I just sent my request.

2 Likes

I still don’t seem to have the Reader badge, despite having gone through several topics with 100 posts.

I’ve gotten that badge, so it’s possible. I don’t know if it was working early on our if I just managed to skip a post or what, but eventually I got it.

1 Like

Took me a while too. I think I slow-scrolled through the Introductions post one day when it had accumulated a lot of new replies.

1 Like

I believe the server needs to know that 100+ replies actually loaded on your end. Try like @SandyFrank suggested and go through slowly to make sure they all load. After that, give it a day or 2 to process, just in case (it needed to in my case).

1 Like

It popped for me when reading a ~100 post thread that I hadn’t opened before. Though maybe it was coincidence.

Total mystery.

1 Like

Our Tarot discussion is probably a good spot for people to unlock a reader badge!

3 Likes

Agreed! And I think the other posters are correct, you probably have to scan 100 previously unread posts, not just 100 posts in a go. So look for long, unread threads.

2 Likes

That seems to be the trick. All the 100+ threads I looked at were ones I had glanced at before. I opened up the Pet Photo post and that did the trick.

I’ll give it a try… @ChivalRuss

UPDATE: It worked. Thanks.

2 Likes

I was considering making a post just for other people to flag?

Fun with Flags?

I’m not sure if @Lesley would appreciate the extra notifications?

Shrug?

1 Like

That seems to be how it worked for me – I found a 100+ post thread that I hadn’t been through and scrolled through it one by one yesterday, and today the Reader badge popped up for me.

1 Like