Furniture Stores

Couches, La-Z-Boys, Carpets. Modern, Antique. Where do you shop? Local? Out of State? Is it quality or cost? New or Used? Do you search? Or is there a name?

Antique Furniture. What To Look For.

Here in town, we bought furniture from Unclaimed Freight Furniture; they are located in North Dakota, South Dakota and Iowa. They do have good deals. I got a couch, a chair, a dinette set and some end tables.

1 Like

I feel like this thread is some sort of test to see if we’ll talk about any rando thing.

6 Likes

Anything furniture related. Antiques, New Loveseats, and any stores you really like.

Also if it’s older furnishings in a shop that sells rarities? Pictures would be awesome. This is the Antique Roadshow Thread. Though talk of new stuff is fine too.

Or someone bought The Big Book of Message Board Topics to Create for Fun & Profit.

3 Likes

I love getting a new thread topic every day!

I will say I was saddened by the passing of Z Gallerie. I am even now sitting in a recliner I bought there, with side wings and tufting and all that. In fact, I spend the majority of my life in this recliner. When I had sciatica a couple of years ago, it was the only place I could sit that didn’t hurt (my desk chair was agony). So, I got used to just working on my laptop in the recliner, and even after surgery for the sciatica, I never went back.

I also want to put in a word for IKEA. People claim it’s low quality, but I bought a set of Billy bookcases and I’ve had them in three different houses over more than 20 years. They’re still perfectly solid.

2 Likes

Oh is that the deal? Fun. I’m clueless as usual.

I am a foe of most manufacturers of upholstered furniture because they seem to think that if you put enough staples in a thing, it doesn’t matter if it’s made of poop.

Por ejemple, I present the guts of a busted Raymour & Flanigan recliner that cheesed me off so much that I dissected it for the burn pile. Check out that quality lumber and careful glue application.

2 Likes

I don’t eat Swedish Meatballs, but I like to shop at furniture stores that sell Swedish Meatballs.

3 Likes

A new one opened at an old Mervyn’s location in my city that’s been out of business for many years aside from temporary Halloween costume stores.

2 Likes

I wasn’t even thinking of IKEA! This is why you have topics. Someone will always land on something!!!

1 Like

With me, it’s more “What hasn’t been covered?” Then I think of something relevant to our daily lives. I search the forum conversations for any threads in that vein. And if I find none, I think of an intro, find image that fits, and post. There’s more deliberation than you may think.

1 Like

Or sometimes my jokes don’t land.

3 Likes

I’m more the serious type sometimes. Don’t take it personal. I’d love to see the cover to that. :wink:

1 Like

Infinite IKEA (creepy fiction)

2 Likes

There is a decided and concerning lack of discussion on bean-bag chairs in this thread.

2 Likes

In attempt to support the local economy, Mr. Man and I tried looking for a simple recliner for me.
Midcentury Modern vibes, not poofy, no button tufting, no tucks and rolls.
Just pushback recliner, that wasn’t taking up half the living room.
Yeah, about living rural, in wine country…
They were all, every last one, poofy, button tufted, tucked and rolled, and worst of all, cowhide/horsehide.
::::shudders:::::
I ended up picking one from Wayfair, which has served me well, for several years.
But, being inexpensive, it needs replacing.
This time we are going to road trip to civilization, and La-Z-Boy/Ashley Home.

2 Likes