Grand (Pre) Finale Friday night Dinner meet-up

Apologies for my no show tonight! I was looking forward to meeting someone–anyone–before tomorrow, so I felt a little less self-conscious as I’m on my own this weekend.

I left the Philadelphia Museum of Art (where I ran, sort of, up the Rocky Steps) a little after 5pm and headed to Phoenixville. Some traffic slowdowns meant I was going to be “fashionably” late, but not too bad.

And then there were police cars and Christmas lights and detours and the sound of a band…what I’d imagined as a somewhat sleepy little town was suddenly like Punxsutawney in Groundhog’s Day, with people walking around everywhere.

My GPS didn’t know what to do, as the “only way” it knew to the Great American Pub was now cordoned off for some big winter festival or tree lighting type event…and all the parking was taken up for what seemed like miles around…even the parking lots seemed to all be full.

…so, despite being “right there”–I decided to bail. I ended up at a Cracker Barrel by myself (and they ran out of dumplin’s to boot).

Again, my apologies…and if you see a big guy with glasses and a messy tuft of spiky (but thinning) hair standing all by himself tomorrow…feel free to say hi!

PS–Did y’all know that PAX was happening here this weekend? I had no idea… We’re in Nerd Culture Nirvana! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We just found out yesterday that it was “First Friday” and they were closing the streets @2. We’ll catch up with you today!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your dumplin’-less evening…

I hope you still have a nice time, and get to meet some MSTies today!

2 Likes