Help me pick a picture for a character I'm working on, please (New Poll In Post 10! 8/18/23)

So, the past few days I’ve been making pastiche Legion Of Super-Heroes characters for the Mutants & Masterminds RPG. I’ve been using an AI art generator to help me envision the characters. Sometimes, I get the perfect picture right out of the bat. Sometimes, I have to tweak the prompt a few times.

Anyway, the current character I’m working on is named Tomorrow Girl, a Supergirl expy. In short, she’s a young girl who got caught up in a battle between some superheroes and a time-traveling villain. She got hit by an errant blast of chronal energy and got knocked into the future, and as luck would have it, the energy also gave her super-strength, flight, invulnerability, the whole super package.

I’ve got a couple of really good pics, but I’m trying to narrow it down further. So without further adieu…

Picture 1

Picture 2

A little older than what I envisioned, but she TOTALLY looks like a character from the early 80s Levitz/ Giffen era, possibly drawn by George Perez (still miss ya, George, you were the BEST).

Picture 3

Picture 4

Definitely got that 70s Legion vibe down with this one.

Picture 5

This totally has the cute, innocent Silver Age vibe, but it’s a little too close to Thunder Girl from Big Bang Comics, I’m thinking.

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

• Picture 1
  • Picture 2
  • Picture 3
  • Picture 4
  • Picture 5
  • Picture 6
  • Picture 7
  • Picture 8
0 voters
2 Likes

5 is my favorite, but 6 and 1 are awesome as well?

1 Like

They’re all okay, but I think she should look more like Clara Peller.

1 Like

… I just noticed that Picture 6 has (appropriately enough) an implied 6 fingers on her left hand. Every AI art program learns hands from Rob Liefeld, apparently.

2 Likes

Here’s her full bio and game stats, if anyone is curious.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m going to make more characters, but now I have the inverse- I have plenty of pictures, which ones should I make characters for?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

• Picture 1
  • Picture 2
  • Picture 3
  • Picture 4
  • Picture 5
  • Picture 6
  • Picture 7
  • Picture 8
  • Picture 9
0 voters
2 Likes

I didn’t vote for #6, but if he somehow wins, his name needs to rotate through all the names from Space Mutiny.

2 Likes

He does have a little Blast Hardcheese vibe, doesn’t he?

2 Likes

Alright, I have the day off today, so I’ma start statting up one of these characters, as I think I have a good concept. I’ll probably do at least two more, so feel free to keep voting!

1 Like

Alright, here’s the first character if anyone is curious.

Summary

The Dotrae are hive-minded bald humanoids with antennae who travel territory formerly claimed by the Lor Republic and the Stellar Imperium. Working together, a “node” of Dotrae are very efficient, and many nodes travel the space ways as dependable traders. On one such excursion, a Dotrae trading ship fell into a cosmic storm. The node deployed Alqa, one of the younger Dotrae aboard, to make repairs. While setting about the task, Alqa was hit by cosmic rays. When she came too, she was horrified to learn that the groupmind of the node had gone silent. Fearing the worst, she rushed back to the bridge. She was stunned to see the node motionless. She soon realized that there was nothing wrong with the node, but something had changed with her- she was moving at super-speed, so fast that the rest of the Dotrae onboard seemed like statues, and thinking so fast that the rest of the group mind couldn’t keep up with her. She eventually got control and slowed down, but by then, she was changed by the experience. She now wished to venture separately from the collective. The node agreed, as her fast thoughts were often distracting. Going by the name Alacrity, she now finds herself among a new “collective” of unique individuals such as herself.

Attributes
Strength 0
Stamina 1
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 10 (+14), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Sleight Of Hand 6 (+11)

Advantages
Agile Feint, Beginner’s Luck, Dodger Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Evasion 2, Jack Of All Trades, Move-By Action, Well Informed

Powers
Dotrae Physiology- Senses 1 (Communication Link [Groupmind]) (1 point)
Super Speed- Enhanced Advantage (Improved Initiative 10) (10 points) Movement 3 (Wall Crawling 2, Water Walking, Limited To While Moving) (3 points), Regeneration 1 (1 point), Senses 1 (Rapid Vision) (1 point), Quickness 10 (10 points), Speed 10 (10 points)
Fast Defenses- Enhanced Dodge 11, Enhanced Parry 12 (23 points)
Rapid Attack- Selective Burst Area Damage 6 (18 points)

Defenses
Dodge +16
Fortitude +6
Parry +16
Toughness +4/ +1
Will +7

Complications
Motivation: Individualism Alqa revels in her newfound uniqueness, and wishes to share her experiences other individuals.

Groupthink While she is separate from the Dotrae groupmind node, she is still connected to it. Sometimes, she can get distracted at inopportune moments by stray thoughts.

1 Like

Alright, time for another character that I need a picture for. Princess Kaguya-Hime (yes, from Big Bird In Japan) as a futuristic superheroine from another planet.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

• Picture 1
  • Picture 2
  • Picture 3
  • Picture 4
  • Picture 5