HI-KEEBA! It’s “About Time” for the Mods’ Community Watch Party with Women Of The Prehistoric Planet! (TONIGHT, 2/16, 8PM EST)

Alright, Forumbeings, strap into the Wayback Machine, because the “About Time” Watch Party series is taking it WAYBACK to the early days of MST3K!

Doomsday Devices! Issac Asimov! The Birth of Hi-Keeba! The first original song!

So many firsts!

And oh, yeah, there’s a movie here too. Something about women…planets…it’s all prehistoric…something about time-dilation…sooooo much John Agar…

Did I mention HI-KEEBA??

Join us for a watchalong here on the forums of the space-hopping adventure:

So head on over to the Gizmoplex or use your own copy in the security of your Video Bunker, load up with the snacks of your choice, mix up some Tang, and hit the play button at 8 PM EST.

Looking to catch up? Check your time and advance to however many minutes have passed. (Sorry, the Wayback Machine won’t let us wait up. Space-Time continuum, you understand.)

Join us, won’t you?

MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

Women Of The Prehistoric Planet - MST3K: SEASON 1 (1989-90) - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

In the theater, the crew watches a search for survivors of a crash on a prehistoric planet inhabitated by giant iguanas, in “Women of the Prehistoric Planet” (1966). Meanwhile, on the SOL, Joel and the bots struggle to disarm a Doomsday Device. This episode features the song “Flesh Barn” jingle, the first original song aired from the series. This film is the origin of the often-repeated riff “Hi-Keeba!”

11 Likes

And Sam from Quincy, too!

2 Likes

IMG_3386

5 Likes

hi keeba.

3 Likes

All right you deviants. Based on today’s spicy posts and the…ahem mature nature of tonight’s movie, I’m kindly asking you to keep your minds and posts out of the gutter.

There shall be no mention of boinking, boffing or bumping uglies.

No references to sweater puppies, doingers, naughty bits, wedding tackle, or bums.

And absolutely no calling anyone a stud muffin or hotsie totsie.

The mods have enough to do without you dirty minded hooligans wrecking up the place, and I think we should show them some respect.

4 Likes

I see that ‘Doing the Nasty’ isn’t on the list. I can work with that.

5 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday is back!

And we got an upper-tier Season 1 episode with an all-timer running gag on tap!

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

Reporting for my Prehistoric Lady Party. Thanks, everyone! :partying_face:

7 Likes

hippie-dance

4 Likes

Two minutes! Get your sh*t together!

2 Likes

Isn’t it an hour and two minutes (ish)?

2 Likes

Silly me.

4 Likes

This is an under watched episode for me, so this will be a treat. Honestly, I would say a lot of Season 1 is under watched for me. Robot Holocaust being a notable exception.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen this one in months. Ready for another go.

5 Likes

T-15 minutes Refreshment check

Lift a birthday toast to @Aquarius . I hope this is acceptable

9 Likes

Yo momma …was a saint

2 Likes

Season 1, cool

6 Likes

Yay! Finally made it to one of these!

7 Likes

I couldn’t commit to a dinner meal so I’m snacking tonight. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this episode!

5 Likes

The Amazing, Colossal Episode Guide says this was the last episode taped for season 1 because of rights issues, but never got renumbered from the original 104 slot, leading to a number of continuity errors with the host segments and riffs when watched in the official order.

3 Likes