It's About Time (Until It Isn't) — Mods' Choice Watch Party Series Begins Friday, January 19

Time travel! Monsters from the past! Bounty hunters from the future! Other stuff that isn’t from any time in particular, but we still wanted to include the movie! Yes indeed, forumlings, it’s time for another Mods’ Choice Watch Party series.

This time around we are happy to present:

Please join us Friday, January 19 at 8 PM EST and every two weeks after that until Robert Z’dar puts a stop to it for a group watchalong.

Look for more details as the first date approaches.

13 Likes

Invasion of the Neptune Men will make you think you’ve spent 6 hours watching a movie 90 minute… Does that count?

Or it fits into the (Until it isn’t) category. You figure it out, I’m bitter.

7 Likes

Oh, I just can’t wait for Friday… rock climbing!

5 Likes

Oh, this is going to hurt! :partying_face:

3 Likes

And Monkey Boy, too!

7 Likes

Ooo! I don’t think I’ve seen Lost Continent!! I’m a bit spotty on KTMA-season 3. :woman_cartwheeling: :tada:

3 Likes

Heyhey, the schedule is out! Actually been curious/thinking what it would be since this was first announced last week, so I’m quite pleased to see what’s coming up in the not too distant future!

And this is a fun list! I’m liking what I’m seeing. Have to mention: Being From Another Planet is an underrated favorite of mine, so I’m particularly jazzed to see that one make the schedule!

Already excited to get this started! :smiley:

4 Likes

I will never understand why the writers apparently hated it so much. It’s not even half as bad as most of those movies, Servo!

3 Likes

Looking forward to the watchalongs! Never seen the Lost Continent.

2 Likes

Well, he did admit that it was as bad as Castle of Fu Manchu.

It was also before they riffed both Monster-A-Go-Go and Manos. While I think Castle of Fu Manchu is a worse movie, I think I have to agree with Tom for the most part. Being From Another Planet was a real stinker. It was so bad that they had to give away the M Knight Shyamalan ending in the title to get people interested.

And what’s with that ending anyway? I mean the guy literally runs away with an Alien who is absolutely going to turn him into fungus, but we are expected to believe Serrano got his comeuppance by losing his hand when he tried to ‘steal’ the gem that was discarded like yesterday’s trash? And if the Alien could use the gems to teleport home, why was he stuck here for thousands of years, while he was in possession of all of the gems?

This movie defies all logic, and I am not sure how Tom’s head did not explode watching it, mine nearly did just trying to remember all of the problems with this turd.

4 Likes

I’m just amazed that someone could figure out the ending.

Being from Another Planet is also one of my favorites (and it has the funniest Invention Exchange ever), so I expect to be here for that one, and this week for Lost Continent.

2 Likes

May I steer this conversation way off track too?

It was a dark and stormy Mitchell. I had just retired to the schlitzing room with a case of schlitz and a play dude under my arm…but what was that?? As I looked up at the 1985 snap on calendar clock with all the scantily clad ladies on it and noticed it’s January 19th, 1924 (cuz it’s pre Y2K know what I’m saying)…it’s time for the start of the mods new watch parties. With excitement brewing I walked over to the old goldstar, flipped it to channel 3, turned on my VCR, plugged in the RCA adapter cable, cued up the mst3k channel with my Roku into the VCR and removed trou for a night of joy watching mst3k while typing chat comments on my comedor 64 through dial up. Needless to say a good time was had by all.

1 Like

We’re not doing a Mods’ Choice watchalong without @optiMSTie, are we? …It’s safe to come back! @TheHippy was just using Fu Manchu as a point of reference!

2 Likes

Time Chasers isn’t a bad story it’s downfall outside of the terrible acting and bad sets was a movie budget of $65

4 Likes

Next Friday at 8 PM EST!

1 Like

Already excited!

#rockclimbing

3 Likes

I may just have to join in on this one, even though it’s a little late for me. I’ve seen the episode a couple times, but not since I started actually rock climbing. I want to analyze their equipment and climbing styles. When did this movie come out? How modern of climbing technique can I expect them to be using? What level was that route really? How much did the movie makers know about rock climbing? Did they try to make it realistic at all? I have questions. :smiley:

4 Likes

For equipment they mostly have a parachute.

4 Likes

Well, they realistically showed that it takes a long time to climb up and down a mountain.

4 Likes

ROCK CLIMBING NOOOO!!!

MONKEY BOY NOOOOOOO!!!

1 Like