CALLING ALL AMATEUR EGYPTOLOGISTS! WE HAVE A MUMMY ON THE LOOSE! It’s an “About Time” Mods Choice Watch Party featuring Being From Another Planet! TONIGHT March 15 8pm EDT

Get your Ben Murphy selves over to the forum tonight for our next instalment in the “About Time” Mod’s Choice Watch party. Tonight, we take on Being from Another Planet (Ooooo), or as it was known to the rest of the world, Time Walker.

Will Ben Murphy find out the truth about his mummy in time? Will the mummy find its stolen crystals? Will FilmVentures ever not mangle the opening credits for one of their films? Tune in tonight to find out!

In the theater, the crew watches as an alien mummy awakens from suspended animation and terrorizes the campus in “Being From Another Planet” (1982). Meanwhile, on the SOL, the bots try to scare Joel with their Haunted Boiler Room.

This episode is available for everyone at the Gizmoplex:

Or hit play on your personal copy at 8pm Eastern.

If you miss the beginning of the watch party, just skip ahead in the film to the appropriate time. (Joining us at 8:30pm Eastern? Skip ahead to the thirty-minute mark in the film.)

You don’t want to miss this one! (You might end up trapped forever in the Haunted Boiler Room!)

9 Likes

I am sad to miss this one! I love you all! Taking hubs to Dune 2 @ 18:45 CDT. The popcorn bucket arrived!!

Here’s my dumb wrapping attempt! :laughing::laughing:

Have a great time!!! I love you all! again!

7 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday!

Looking forward to this one. It’s among my favorite “off the beaten path” choices for me!

Let’s do this!

6 Likes

Have fun at the movie

9 Likes

Hello? Is Dave home?

4 Likes

I’m in need of a Watch Party today.

6 Likes

since the other thread is temporarily locked I have to reply to @TheHippy here

Little known trivia, this was also released under the title Being From Another Planet: How to Spoil the Surprise Ending of Your Own Movie .

See also: The Third Man (written by Graham Greene, but not that Graham Greene). A classic, my a$$.

4 Likes

“You kids get off my planet!!”

3 Likes

“This is the worst movie ever made!”
Tempting fate there considering some of the films that came later in the season.

5 Likes

There’s one in particular that I think beats it hands down.

3 Likes

Ahem.
CHRISSY!!!

:point_up: @Chrissy13

7 Likes

That’s actually one of the things that fascinates me about this episode.

That, for a very brief period, what did MST3K consider The Worst Movie Ever? Being From Another Planet!

2 Likes

Seems about time for some pre-show music…

3 Likes

Skid marks from another planet

4 Likes

Getting, uh, fired up for this one. This one’s not…it doesn’t…it isn’t so…like…good. It sucks. The movie, I mean. The riffing is, well, Season 4, which is probably the reason this movie feels only four hours long instead of twelve. Your slog may vary.

4 Likes

Salutations, watchparty people. What’s the secret word this evening?

3 Likes

It’s MMMMMMMMIKE! MIKE! MIKEMIKEMIKEMIKE!

5 Likes

My lack of pants and also ben Murphy make this a great Friday night, a good time will be had by all after a meal of steamed hams.

3 Likes

The secret word for tonight is dickweed

4 Likes

Lounge Regulars will be pleased to note that the haunted boiler room is featured in this one.

6 Likes