How about a word FOR our sponsors?

You can have a 50’ Dolomite!

:slight_smile:

Yup, the MadVertisements :+1:

4 Likes

The friend I watch with, who’s about 30 years younger than I am, went bananas over the Bendy ads.

She wants a plushie.

Me, I’m all ‘Who’s Bendy?’ (although I do play video games, I hadn’t run across that one)

4 Likes

Bendy and the Ink Machine, one of those indie horror games.

2 Likes

I’m kind of surprised none of the madvertisements got around to actually explaining who Bendy is.

4 Likes

The Bendy ads really come off as if they don’t really have anything of note to sell. They just want us to know the brand exists.

3 Likes

But they don’t tell us why we should care about the brand. Why are Crow and Tom so obsessed with Bendy merch/swag?

5 Likes

Exactly. It feels more like the Bendy ads are just “well we have to do an ad but we don’t have anything to sell so let’s just make fun of the whole thing instead?”

3 Likes

And you can’t even buy the merch they keep showing! It’s just weird.

3 Likes

In a word? “Swag”!

5 Likes

For those interested in They Came From Beneath the Sea, it’s currently $2 at DriveThruRPG: They Came From Beneath the Sea! - Onyx Path Publishing | They Came From Beneath the Sea! | DriveThruRPG.com

Several adventures and accessories are also 90% off. I snagged a grip of books for less than $6 after tax.

(I think the physical book is on sale through a different provider. Check The Onyx Path’s blog for details)

4 Likes

Ooooooh, I see…

2 Likes

Also, the ‘lovable scamp’ Bendy apparently yells at gamers on YouTube, which is a pretty big turnoff to me.

2 Likes

Bendy’s one of the indie horror games that came after FNAF; that’s probably what they’re getting on about.

4 Likes

I need to play it, but my understanding is it’s kind of a jump-scare horror game appropriate for older kids, and said kids like to post reaction videos of themselves freaking out about it.

3 Likes

Also, now that it’s on sale, I want to set up a group for They Came from Beneath the Sea.

2 Likes

So, I discovered that the Bendy merch is available on Amazon. You’d think they’d have a link on their site or something, but nope.

3 Likes

I just noticed that They Came From Beyond the Grave, the Hammer-inspired followup to They Came From Beneath the Sea, is super cheap on DriveThruRPG at the moment.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the spy-themed version to come out.

2 Likes

FYI:
On Steam the video game Bendy and the Ink Machine is on sale for $6 (70% off) through Tuesday, November 1, 2022 5:00 PM. Part of the Steam Scream Fest 2022 sale.

Quick description: “Bendy and the Ink Machine™” is a first person puzzle action horror game that begins in the far days past of animation, and ends in a very dark future.
Platforms: Windows, Mac and whatever “SteamOS + Linux” is.

If you want to sample it first, there’s a free demo. And if you want to bundle in the “standalone game and side prequel” Boris and the Dark Survival, it’s only 12 cents more.

I briefly tried the demo and … it’s been quite a while since I have played first-person games. Better once I disable the camera bounce and full screen. :nauseated_face: Finished the demo. It’s like the description says: horror game. :scream_cat:

2 Likes

‘Steam OS + Linux’ is the operating system of the Steam Deck. Although the game isn’t marked as ‘Steam Deck Verified’, so who knows?

2 Likes