I’m Not Crying, There’s Cinema in My Eye

Seems like a lot of movies with “My” in it have tear potential. My Life, My Girl, My Dog Skip…

2 Likes

The Van Gogh episode of Doctor Who gets me every. single. time.

7 Likes

Oh, yes. One of the best episodes of the post-2005 era, and it hits so hard and so well.

2 Likes

I find myself going back to that episode again, and again…

2 Likes

My “go to” if I need to cry is Steel Magnolias, of course, when they are in the graveyard. :sob: :sob:

Also, I will always cry at the end of It’s a Wonderful Life, but I don’t watch that out of “season.”

I will chime in on The Wrath of Khan :cry:

5 Likes

It’s been a few years since I actually watched it but sometimes just thinking about it gets me tender. Then a couple years ago I went to one of those Beyond Van Gogh shows where they do all his paintings as this huge light show. The whole time I was thinking of that episode and did almost start to cry lol

3 Likes

I went to one of those too. As they neared the end, that episode kept playing in my head and yeah, there may have been a tear.

(And admit it, you were looking for the Krafayis in the church painting. I was!)

4 Likes

I just rewatched the scene again…and I just now noticed that the tour guide at the end has an inkling of who just gave him a hug and kisses, then shakes his head, “No, couldn’t be…”

2 Likes

One of the many reasons Bill Nighy is just an awesome, awesome actor.

4 Likes

The end of The Monster Squad when Frankenstein’s monster is pulled into Limbo and Phoebe throws Scraps to him always gets me without fail.

3 Likes

For almost 60 years now, this scene will do it every time.

6 Likes

This is more recent, but I went and saw Wakanda Forever in the theater, and the beginning, and when the Marvel Studios title card comes up, you could hear a pin drop and feel the heavy emotions in the room. I couldn’t help but cry.

4 Likes

I’m waiting for that to hit Disney+, but I already got my box of tissues ready.

4 Likes

How prescient !?
He just got the Oscar nod !

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

Well, I think that was a given before Living was even in pre-production.

It’s a naked “give the old guy an Oscar” play. (Though, funnily enough, he isn’t even that old: He’s just been playing old people for the past 25 years…since he was in his 40s.)

Stable diffusion thinks he’ll win:

3 Likes

Avengers: Endgame. It’s such an emotional rollercoaster at the end, but the kicker for me is when Captain America and Peggy Carter finally get that dance.

7 Likes

There’s also this one movie that’s been rediscovered since almost half-a decade ago. A 1985 Japanese animated drama film called, A Penguin’s Memories: A Tale of Happiness, or Penguin’s Memory: Shiawase Monogatari (ペンギンズ・メモリー 幸福物語). And no, it’s NOT Club Penguin: The Movie. So it’s about a cute little world like ours full of cute little penguins… and one cute little penguin suffers from PTSD after coming back from war, and is trying to live a normal peaceful life. The film itself was pretty hard to go through. Can’t tell if I’d recommend this movie or not. I dunno. Whaddya think, sirs?

Oh, and did I mention that a beer company promoted this movie? I’m not kidding; look it up!

2 Likes

Two that get me:

Rudy
when Fortune (Charles Dutton) claps proudly for him and when he’s being carried off the field and the epilogue, “Since 1975, no other Notre Dame player has been carried off the field.”

Lord of the Rings
“My friends, you bow to no one.”

3 Likes

the-deer-hunter-walken-deer-hunter
09d97a63-1700-406d-9015-316611d8e7ee_text

2 Likes

Wakanda Forever.

Officially four hankies.

5 Likes