I think I found the real Devil Doll

I didn’t include the photo, but the doll actually does come with the original eyes… and you weren’t too far off. (Also, just going to point out that adding the eyes back in doesn’t even remotely make it any less creepy)

I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that these eyes are going to be important in some way and either the key to destroying the doll or what brings it back to life. I’ll need to lock them away safely someplace where the doll can’t get to them… unless that’s why the doll comes back to life and kills us all. :astonished:

Oh, and I forgot to mention. The doll is also made with real human hair.
Human hair that’s over 200 years old, and could have conceivably belonged to some unfortunate Dauphin sent to the guillotine, cruelly blinded by his inquisitors, now seeking revenge against their descendants for the downfall of the French aristocracy.

Which reminds me that I should probably do some sort of 23&Me DNA testing just to make sure I’m not secretly the great-great-great-great-grandson of Robespierre. :worried: :cold_sweat: :scream:

6 Likes

No. but I’m sure that red stuff caked around the fingernails is just a little bit of harmless dirt, because it was lovingly played with by many generations of perfectly well-adjusted children.

3 Likes

Glad to be of service!

2 Likes

The real human hair aspect of all this has taken it to another level. Get out of the house now! I’m going to go and bury my phone in the garden

3 Likes

How long ago was its last child? Is it angry now?

1 Like

It’s coming from Indiana. Trust me. It’s angry.

2 Likes

The image is gone.

Why, oh why is it gone?

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s back now. And I really wish it wasn’t.

3 Likes

Oh. Oh, it is back.

… O-oh. Oh dear.

2 Likes

Okay, the doll has now been found on the floor of my wife’s sewing room twice.
It may just be that it’s a bit top heavy for the doll stand my wife put it on, and now that we’ve started using the heater it’s getting a bit of a draft, or the warmer air is causing the straw filling inside to flex, causing it to slump forward and over-balance… somehow.

Really… I’m sure there’s a perfectly rational explanation for what’s going on.

Edit: Come to think of it, we did also have ham last night… :thinking:

7 Likes

Is it just me or is it’s hair getting longer?

1 Like

Set up a motion sensing camera trap, like they use to capture pics of wild animals. Also, pack a suitcase in case you have to flee in terror upon reviewing the footage.

3 Likes

That is truly terrifying.

1 Like

None of these dolls are even half as creepy as any random Funko.

3 Likes

You must PROVE IT!!!

1 Like

Funkos are their own proof. Also, they’re just thinly disguised Joan Walsh Anglund for modern-day hipsters.

1 Like

A couple of years ago I saw a Blondie calendar, the cover of which sported the delightful Deborah Harry looking uncannily like a real life Funko Pop doll.

Back to the doll in question, this photo for some reason bears an alarming likeness to this gentleman. Can anyone else see it?

4 Likes

4 Likes

WELL played, sir. Well played.

2 Likes