I'm Hired!

I am fairly certain that being the director of a planetarium in Wisconsin means you’re our first line of defense against giant spider invasions. Godspeed!

20 Likes

Happy to take 'em all off your hands so you don’t have to worry about it anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You’ll be the new proud owner of Amazing Spider-Man #300, New Mutants #98, and Barbie #50 Special Double Sized Wedding Fashion issue.

5 Likes

I’ll make sure I get a black hole detector.

4 Likes

Congratulations! That sounds like a fascinating job.

Have you experienced a WI winter before or do you have that experience to look forward to?

Congrats again and best of luck on your new, exciting job!!!

P.S. – If you can use your new position of power to twist some arms or make some secret backroom deals to get Pluto back as a planet again, I guarantee there will be an extra 10 bucks in it for you. :wink:

5 Likes

I have not experienced a WI winter, but I have experienced a Toronto winter and many Idaho winters. I’m prepared. We regularly drop below zero in the wintertime here in Idaho and in Toronto, they regularly get tons of snow (although it usually melts pretty quickly).

8 Likes

Well, you survived near-freezing temps and a tornado warning during your in-person interview, so you should adapt just fine. We like to swing between :hot_face: and :cold_face: with very little in-between. But those rare days are chef’s kiss.

4 Likes

I’m super happy for you! I remember it’s been a challenge/frustration for you lately, but there’s no question you know your métier and I’m happy the administrators wised up!

Kudos!

8 Likes

Then you should watch The Giant Spider Invasion.

4 Likes

I did just watch it last week. I guess I could watch it again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats, Teri!

5 Likes

Congrats! That sounds like a great job!

5 Likes

In case you need it! And Congrats!

7 Likes

I was just about to ask if the job comes with a Free Seventies Pantsuit coupon.

7 Likes

Disappointing amount of Archie in this haul, but okay.

5 Likes

Everything I know about the midwest I learned from this guy.

5 Likes

Same!

3 Likes

Congratulations! New jobs for everyone!

photo text GIF

5 Likes

Congrats! Sounds like a fun job.

We wanted to build a planetarium when we built the observatory into the new wing of the science building at work in 2005 but the budget wasn’t there. So we got a portable one that uses the same software as the big planetariums but projects onto a domed screen about 6 feet in diameter. Gives a slightly better experience than a flat screen. Spent a lot of time learning that thing and making some shows for it but it hardly gets used.

6 Likes

Congratulations! Gotta love that new job feeling!

4 Likes