In memoriam…

I’d say there are all the men on the other side of the Earth that also aren’t in that picture.

3 Likes
9 Likes

I’m sure he was happier than almost anyone that Voyager 1 was successfully debugged and is slowly returning to service.

7 Likes

Rumours abounding that Francoise Hardy has died.

4 Likes

Looks confirmed.

3 Likes

Jerry West, who was selected to the Basketball Hall of Fame three times in a storied career as a player and executive and whose silhouette is considered to be the basis of the NBA logo, died Wednesday morning at the age of 86, the LA Clippers announced.

West was the third player in NBA history to reach 25,000 points, was an All-Star every year of his career and led the Los Angeles Lakers to the NBA Finals nine times, winning one title in 1971-72. He was also a 12-time All-NBA selection, an NBA Finals MVP as part of a losing team in 1969 and part of the NBA’s 75th anniversary team.

4 Likes

Dad’s Liquid Breakfast? I wonder if Dad’s bottles were frosted like Marge’s in Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). It would be so 80s.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The greatest Candy Store owner in Movie History.

1 Like

Tony was also in the first Mary Higgins Clark TV movie that Bridget and Mary Jo did a Rifftrax for, Lucky Day.

2 Likes

Singer Angela Bofill, aged 70.

3 Likes

I just read that Kevin Brophy passed away last month, MSTies will know him from The Being from Another Planet (Time Walker). I also remember him from a TV film and short-lived series named Lucan.

6 Likes

Brophy. That’s when your brother wins a trophy.

3 Likes

Man. I was thinking that and didn’t type it. Props.

3 Likes

“Too soon” is for the weak!

3 Likes

And if you don’t believe me, Gilbert Gottfried basically ended the whole idea of “comedy is dead” a couple of weeks after 9/11.

(That page claims there were boos, but I don’t hear any.)

4 Likes

Consider my track record. Would this community CONSIDER me weak? Given the conversation I’ve been in lately I just didn’t have the desire just then. Courage wasn’t a factor. More lacking the urge.

2 Likes

I was being facetious.

1 Like

Also, “too soon is for the weak” clearly doesn’t always apply.

Someone telling some really crass joke about Mr. Rogers a couple of days after he died would definitely be telling that joke way too soon.

3 Likes

See, I hear “Brophy” and immediately think of High Anxiety.

4 Likes