In memoriam…

But why does the top one say “STAAAASE INDY”?

2 Likes

Hahah, knockoff Star Trek font on Windows 3.1. Made for all sorts of fun, squishy-looking pseudo-typos!

1 Like

The Nichelle Nichols doc is also on Paramount+ but I don’t have a direct link: Paramount+ To Premiere ‘Woman in Motion: Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek and the Remaking of NASA’ On June 3 — BlackFilmandTV.com

1 Like

The woman was a national treasure. She will be missed:

3 Likes

Very late follow-up, due to my move, but this article has a fascinating insight into the connection between Warner and Stewart.

1 Like

“I never forgot that day and after the production entered the repertoire, at that moment, every night, David would respond in subtly different ways to what I had done. The learning I was absorbing then has kept me going for decades.”

One night he asked Patrick how many lights there were.

4 Likes

I gotta slow down reading this, because I pulled up this thread, saw the name “Patrick Stewart,” and had a massive instantaneous cold feeling in the gut.

6 Likes

RIP voice of Summer.

Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball GIF by MLB

2 Likes

Well. I see this week is going to be as bad as last week. Great.

1 Like

He started calling Dodgers games when they were still in Brooklyn!

1 Like

Clu Gulager, of San Francisco International, died today at the age of 93.

4 Likes

Edit: switched reference to a more authoritative source.

In 1970, Gulager starred with Lloyd Bridges on the NBC drama San Francisco International Airport, also produced by Price, but it lasted a mere six episodes. He was winemaker Chase Gioberti in the 1981 pilot for Falcon Crest but replaced by Robert Foxworth when the show was picked up by CBS.

4 Likes

Ah, rats. This is a sad loss. I guess Crow can now finally step down from Clu Gulager alert.

6 Likes

I’m on zombie Clu alert.

6 Likes

He’s been one of my favorites my whole life, going back to those old Westerns and The Virginian.

1 Like

He was great in Return of the Living Dead and I was really touched by the way he and his son interacted on “Project Greenlight” to make Feast—which is a pretty good horror flick!

1 Like

He’s good in that. I’m partial to his selfish abusive father in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge (1985). His assurance as a jerk is incredible. I had crossed my fingers he’d have time to sign this. Wasn’t meant to be. Rest in Peace Mr. Gulager.

2 Likes

Years before Cathy Dennis!
a nightmare on elm street 2 horror movies GIF by absurdnoise

1 Like

Anybody here remember Pingu, the stop-motion clay penguin best know for saying “Noot-noot”?
I’ve got bad news. We lost the original voice of the titular penguin.

5 Likes