Insert another film's character... what would happen?

I’d watch a few minutes of an Eegah and Mitchell swap. (either way)

3 Likes

We could insert Mitchell into Gorgo… starve Mitchell for a week, then let him loose and he’d eat Gorgo, saving everyone.

3 Likes

“Rye crisps? Sociables? Anything?”

2 Likes

Mitchell is just Eegah in a suit, really.

3 Likes

Take Mitchell from Mitchell and insert him into Final Sacrifice. Weirdly, you still get the same movie.

6 Likes

Dropo as… “The Girl in Gold Boots”

Just allow that imagery to flow through your mind. Dropo in the boots and the hot pants, strutting his stuff on stage. Dropo, licking the beer off the seats of the motorcycles because he can’t bear to see food or drink wasted.

And think of the faces Dropo would pull while getting high to the sound of bongos, or the orgasmic expression when Critter would share one of his tin Hershey bar pills.

4 Likes

Minus the baby oil, thankfully. We all win.

6 Likes

Hmmm. Dropping in Mitchell to replace Alan Hale’s sheriff in Giant Spider Invasion has potential… but Mitchell has come up a few times in this thread already.

So, instead, lemme pitch Avalanche but plucking out Caroline and putting The Touch of Satan’s Melissa Strickland in her place. Although, admittedly, it’s mostly in service to fuel crazier Rock Hudson outbursts.

It could be taken a step further by replacing his visiting mother with “Margaret Rawhidechew”.

4 Likes

OK, here goes …

Buzz’s sister from Girl in Gold Boots, potato-eating mom from Deathstalker, Cleolanta from Crash of Moons, Lena from Parts and Natalie from Werewolf as the brides of The Master in Manos.

What would happen? I shudder to even contemplate. I’m guessing The Master and Torgo eventually give up and move to Amarillo.

2 Likes

Insert the crotchety grocery store owner from “The Brute Man” into the short “The Selling Wizard” from 'The Dead Talk Back".

He’d yell at her to stop fondling the equipment and get back to work.

6 Likes

Replace the seldom seen “best friend” of the Girl In Lovers Lane with either Claire from It Conquered The World or Moon Grey (devil vampire reporter) from Escape 2000. Preferably both. They’d save Carrie’s life, pummel the snot out of Jesse, and get her out of that no-horse town to hopefully find a life partner who’s not a total dink.

(Why yes. I DO have A Lot Of Feelings about Lovers Lane. How could you tell?)

4 Likes

Richard Kiel as the Amazing Colossal Man. Just because I want to see him in a shiny space-alien uniform ripping apart that Mexican bread truck. [fans self]

5 Likes

Well if we’re gonna go that route…
Beverly Garland’s character from “Gunslinger” in “Village of the Giants”…she takes the goop to get big and round up those rowdy teens.

Would have suggested Allison Hayes’ character join in too, but she’s got her own giant fun in a different movie.

4 Likes

Put Mrs. Hotchkiss from The Crawling Hand into The Giant Spider Invasion. She can forget her nighttime chin embracement somewhere.

4 Likes

A restless Johnny Longbow takes a sabbatical from the university, and hires on at EAT. His stews get a great segment on Food Network. The diner becomes mega-popular and tourists come from all over to try it. He and Michelle “retire” her mean old Dad and expand the business to include a nightclub. Michelle can dance in the evenings to her heart’s content, and thumb her nose at Buz’s cheap overtures.

3 Likes

I’d take Godzilla and put him in the world of The Girl in Lovers Lane in the off-chance that he could rain down hell on Jack Elam.

3 Likes

Trumpy’s Shop of Mystical Wonders

4 Likes

I’d love to see the Master Ninja and Diabolik in some kind of Spy Vs. Spy-esque rivalry…

4 Likes