It's 1618, the Year of Our Lord, and this is the OPEN THREAD for the Mods' Choice Community Watch Party Kickoff Night: THE SHE-CREATURE! (Tonight, 7/21, at 8pm EDT)

I am sooooooooooooooo down for the Death by Murphy Bed™! And I’m so very glad to see the kickoff of our new Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party!

This is an underrated episode, especially in the context of a stellar Season 8 that had so many ridiculous heights, and it’s awesome to be able to celebrate that one here with y’all. And maybe maybe maybe, we’ll find some new jazz in this one to appreciate.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

4 Likes

My brain read that as “Death by Ben Murphy™”.

6 Likes

I couldn’t wait until 8:00 p.m. so I started watching The Giant spider invasion to fill up the time until it’s time to start watching the she creature

2 Likes

[scene: somewhere, in an impenetrably dark void, Ben Murphy™ sits on a throne of skulls dressed as the Grim Reaper and looks over an impossibly long list of names]

Lucky mortals. They’re about to find out I’m Ben Murphy™.

5 Likes

BEND THY KNEE, TURKEY.

6 Likes

I’m also imagining a '70s cologne. The kind you wear with your knitted tank top, bell bottoms and trucker hat.

4 Likes

Ben Murphy™: “THEY ARE ABOUT TO UNDERGO THE BIG MELLOWING.”

4 Likes

… Seconds before his fade-away jerk deathblow.

3 Likes

I forgot that this movie was about the moth woman of point pleasant West Virginia

2 Likes

Barbenheimer who? Ben Murphy, Destroyer of Worlds or GTFO.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Well, whoever wrote it did a fine job, :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Season 8, where the crew went “WOO! WE’RE STILL GOING!!!”

3 Likes

Well it’s about that time that the Duke boys were about to show Boss hog what the she creature was all about.

3 Likes

Hums :notes: "Mrs. Murphy’s Chowder :notes:

Rumors persist to this day that she was Johnny Longbow’s REAL mom.

4 Likes

Johnny Longbone!!!

2 Likes

People make that mistake a lot.

Longbone is Longtorso’s second cousin.

Sometimes IMDB really falls asleep at the switch.

3 Likes

Chicken corn chili green pepper…sigh…onions

3 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I think we found a way to improve Riding with Death AND The Seventh Seal.

3 Likes

I’m not exactly sure why but I have heard that naval lint between friends, makes them family.

1 Like