It's 1618, the Year of Our Lord, and this is the OPEN THREAD for the Mods' Choice Community Watch Party Kickoff Night: THE SHE-CREATURE! (Tonight, 7/21, at 8pm EDT)

tap tap tap

This thing on? Fantastic!

Your Friendly Absolutely-NOT-Mad-With-Power Moderators are pleased as rum punch to bring you the first OPEN THREAD for the new Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series, “The Road Less Traveled”!

Our first pit stop on this road trip is the Season 8 past-life regression epic The She-Creature!

a403b1466561516cdb9345852aa5c69d62833413_2_666x500

We’re also celebrating the 96th birthday of legendary Creature Creator Paul Blaisdell, who also created tonight’s She-Creature!

Standard operating procedure dictates a reminder that this is an UNCHAINED AND UNAUTHORIZED WATCHPARTY! So please tiptoe so Kinga doesn’t realize we’re doing this. And please, PLEASE leave your Tickle-Me-Carlo-Lombardi dolls at home.

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex:

MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

The She-Creature - MST3K: SEASON 8 (1997) - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

Untitled

In the theater, the crew watches as a hypnotist’s beautiful assistant is transformed into a primeval creature and sent out on a killing spree in “The She-Creature” (1956). Meanwhile, on the SOL, Mike creeps everyone out with his custom Tickle-Me-Carlo-Lombardi doll.

Or you can watch in the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater at The Gizmoplex , but remember: if you’re watching tonight’s episode in the Virtual Theater, plan for the timing of the Door Sequence animation to run its course or advance through the animation and hit pause to get the episode ready before 8PM EDT!

Pick your fighter, then be ready to hit Play button at 8PM EDT to watch along. Latecomers will be forced to take part in the next hypnotism show! (But don’t worry, join in anytime by advancing to the current point, ie, tune in at 8:26EDT, advance to 26 minutes.)

Be there or Lance Fuller will be VERY disappointed in you!

6 Likes

PAUL! YOU ARE IN GREAT DANGER! A GIANT SPACE PICKLE IS STALKING YOU!

8 Likes

6 Likes

WOO! HELLS YEAH! DOCTOR CARLO LOMBARDI IN THE HOOOUUUUUUUUUSE!

5 Likes

OMG THE PICKLE MONSTER HAS ATTACKED! FIGHT IT, PAUL, FIGHT!!

4 Likes

You monster.

4 Likes

Oh look, a graduate of the Ray Kellogg* school of blocking.

* For those who don’t know what the Sam hill I’m talking about, Ray Kellogg directed The Giant Gila Monster. About the only blocking he used in the whole film was to have actors put their feet up on stuff. Good article about the episode, including the blocking thing, here. One of you probably wrote it.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! Is this the Road Less Traveled to Valley Lodge?

6 Likes

Sure is!

Don’t talk too loud, we wouldn’t want to trigger an

AVALANCHE!!

3 Likes

WOOHOO!!! It’s Watch Party Friday once again! So dang glad to be doing another round of these!

And it’s from Season Eight, which one of my top favorite classic run seasons!

Let’s do this ! :smiley:

5 Likes

I myself never summon my She-Creature from the sea unless I’m sure she has a clean white filmy dress with red, uh… supports to put on upon emergence. We run a high-class production here, after all!

4 Likes

It’s been a long day, which is saying something since I’ve done absolutely nothing.

But I’m all packed up and ready to travel on this questionable road.

Unless I forgot my toothbrush.

7 Likes

No problem. We have spare toothbrushes and rubber boots available at the front desk.

5 Likes

Toothbrush, schmoothbrush. Do you know where your towel is?

8 Likes

I’m especially happy about this watch party tonight - it’s stretching out the MST3Kon high a little longer. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

But not as sweaty!*

*I hope, but I don’t want to assume. You do you.

3 Likes

Oh, and my butt is much less sore! Those theater seats weren’t built to provide proper lumbar support to an aging fanbase for 6 hours.

5 Likes

Yikes! I didn’t even think of that.

3 Likes

Hu hu hu, someone typed butt

1 Like