It's a Build-Your-Own Warwilf Party!! No, even better...it’s the OPEN THREAD for tonight's Watch Party of WEREWOLF, starting at 8pm EDT!

You want moons? THAT’S HOW YOU GET WEREWOLVES, PEOPLE!!

This is THE official thread for the fifth and penultimate night of the now-legendary Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series, “What’s Up with the Moon?”

Tonight, your mods bring you a Community watchalong of the 9th season classic Werewolf!

Once again, we are compelled to remind forumbeings that this is a COMPLETELY ROGUE watchparty, so if you must smuggle in Cheez Whiz, control it or prepare to clean up any messes. And please leave your furry 4-footed friends at home (2-footed furred friends are always welcome, but watch the shedding).

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex:

MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

In the theater, the crew watches as a newly-discovered werewolf skeleton sets off a series of lyncanthropic murders in “Werewolf” (1996). Meanwhile, on the SOL, Mike and the bots share which celebrity relatives they’d cast in their own werewolf movies. This episode features the song “Where, Oh Werewolf.”

Or you can watch in the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater at The Gizmoplex , but remember: if you’re watching tonight’s episode in the Virtual Theater, plan for the timing of the Door Sequence animation to run its course or advance through the animation and hit pause to get the episode ready before 8PM EDT!

Whatever you choose, please have the episode cued up and to hit the Play button at 8PM EDT to watch along. Latecomers could run the risk of uncontrolled hair growth and the sudden aversion to silver products! (But don’t worry, join in anytime by advancing to the current point, ie, tune in at 8:34EDT, advance to 34 minutes.)

Be there and prepare to go up a shirt size!

9 Likes

I am soooooooooooooooo down for some pool and harpsichord music!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3 Likes

5 Likes

She has an entry on the MST3K Fandom Wiki, and there’s a wild little paragraph:

“She now works behind the scenes at Lion’s Gate Films, handling intellectual property rights and licensing deals. She is fluent in English, German, Italian, French and Czech.”

Who’d-a thunk?

3 Likes

Woohoo! Open Thread Watch Party Friday!

So truly, incredibly excited for this one! This one is really precious to me and I’m pumped we get to gather to soak this in!

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

mst3k415peterbreck

I hardly endorse turning Moon into a werewolf.

4 Likes

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH :smiley:

Season 9 had some incredible gems, like The Final Sacrifice, The Pumaman, The Phantom Planet, Gorgo,* and Quest of the Delta Knights. And there’s all the love for The Touch of Satan, too. AND there is Hobgoblins, although some would call its DEEP HURTING into question.

And then there’s this one, which is head-over-heels gooftacular. A perfect choice for a watch party like this!

2 Likes

I’ll never forget the first time I watched Werewolf. The movie being so odd and quirky, the accents, the wildly inconsistent plot, costumes and make-up, Yuri’s constantly changing hairstyle and so much more.

The riffing and host segments are pure gold! Plus, that all-timer End Credits sequence!

Gosh, even more excited!

3 Likes

Oh, indeed!

There’s that memorable quote from the time Kevin Murphy addressed an audience in New York, referring to Werewolf as “a gift from God.”

And you KNOW that it’s gotta be a fantastico episode by virtue of how Shout Factory included that as one of the first four MST3K titles that they would release on DVD once they acquired the rights to the show. It felt like Shout Factory knew that they had to hit the ground running, and it would’ve been hard to go wrong with a god-tier episode like this!

2 Likes

I’m excited for this one. One of my all time favorites, plus my dad is in town and joining me in watching tonight!

3 Likes

Oh, wonderful! :smiley: Glad that you could join us for this, and it’s awesome that your dad will be enjoying the festivities as well!

2 Likes

Oooh, I hope there’s an Estevez in this one!

4 Likes

simpsonsmonkeypaw

2 Likes

5 Likes

“MARTY, RUN! THE LIBYANS!!!”

3 Likes

I’ve been watching a lot of true crime lately and am looking forward to this extremely untrue crime as a palate-cleanser.

3 Likes

Are you saying you can’t handle the truth, dearie?

5 Likes

“Next time, on Only Murders in That Weird House in Flagstaff…”

6 Likes

“Okay, stop, everyone go up a tasteful cardigan size.”

2 Likes

Grandma! Woohoo! Yay! (Applause) It’s Grandma!

3 Likes