Japanese movie episodes

Hey everyone! For a while i had a playlist of episodes i would watch to fall asleep to, specifically the japanese/tokusatsu episodes. However i dont know if i ever found them all. So I thought i’d list the ones i was aware of for anyone with similar interests, and if anyone has further suggestions feel free to chime in! My list consisted of: Gamera (as well as vs Gaos/Guiron/Zigra/Barugon), Godzilla vs Megalon, Mighty Jack, Prince of Space, Time of the Apes, and Fugitive Alien/Star Force. Im just now learning Godzilla vs the Sea Monster is a thing but i havent seen it.

So, have i missed any? Anyone have particular favorites that would merit specifically going back for a closer look? id say ive watched the Gameras, Prince of Space, and Time of the Apes most.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Invasion of the Neptune Men!

6 Likes

Nice list. I’m also a fan of all these movies. Especially, the Gamera and Godzilla episodes. I would say those are the shows I rewatched the most.

4 Likes

ooo, yes good call

4 Likes

Not only are the Fugitive Alien episodes great, but the show itself (as they pointed out in a host segment) has seriously great music. It’s good enough that I hunted up some unriffed episodes on Youtube, and found an album of much of the music: [1978] Norio Maeda – Star Wolf [Full Album] - YouTube
It doesn’t include my favorite piece though, the ending credits song, which is G-R-E-A-T, but very difficult to find on Youtube because of a metric ton of video game soundtracks getting in the way.

4 Likes

Mighty Jack!

4 Likes

From the KTMA era, there’s “Legend of the Dinosaurs”.

4 Likes

ooo, nice

2 Likes

Does The Green Slime count? I mean, it’s made in Japan, but with American actors.

2 Likes

oh wow, i didnt know that. I’d say that counts, but I wish it were a full episode =(

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Fugitive Alien series also counts.

4 Likes

A movie featuring a flying submersible should not be as boring as that one turned out.

5 Likes

Amen to this. How did they manage to do that? It’d be like if lightsabers were a throwaway gag in Star Wars. I wonder if the original film had more of the flying submersible?

2 Likes