Just because it's a cable era show doesn't mean we need cable era length breaks all the time

Agreed. I’m as anti-advertising a soul as you’ll ever meet. Even I’m satisfied with both the quantity and quality of advertising we’ve got right now.

10 Likes

This would be a swell idea for naps too so I can stay up through the whole stream!

2 Likes

I kind of wish they would put the sponsor ads in the same slots where the old commercials used to be, but I suppose they have some marketing science reasons.

I like the mid-show intermission, and so does my bladder.

6 Likes

Yes to this! I really enjoyed the “Station Identification” spots Patton used to voice in season 11. They hit at the exact right moments for me.

6 Likes

I predict the first forum question to be posted once season 13 has come and gone:

“Will the ads that Jonah and the bots made for Season 13 be saved on the Gizmoplex somewhere? It would be a shame if we – or future generations – never got to see those valuable pieces of MSTiana ever again!”

I’m not bothered by the ads. The original series always had ads, so it’s not as though they suddenly “sold out, man”.

The ads remind me of the classic tradition of TV stars doing ads for presentation during their own shows. Like the cast of The Beverley Hillbillies, in character, reminding all the family to smoke Winstons or eat Kelloggs Corn Flakes. Or even more like all those old Dutch Masters ads Ernie Kovacs made for his shows. Heck, those are considered to be masterpieces of adverstising and humor themselves these days. At least the MST crew will never hawk tabakkey products at us (offer excludes those named Nelson).

11 Likes

Ohhh, wowww.

If they shot an ad to look and sound like one of those early TV ads, complete with black and white and someone done up to look like young Mike Wallace, I bet it would be a hoot.

9 Likes

Love it. Satire=good.

4 Likes

I hope they can bring back the “big band feeling” for the breaks in some way like the first Netflix season.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re joking, but I’ll verify now that I absolutely want that content preserved. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

What looks like a normal playground to you or I takes on a hideous, simian appearance in Johnny’s mind.

4 Likes

Well, he has it coming. He wears those awful shorts, and his table manners are atrocious, too.

4 Likes

“I don’t care!”

2 Likes

Just how long is a cable anyway?

2 Likes

The same length as a piece of string.

3 Likes

No strings!

6 Likes

Images leap and dance like melting colored caramel candies.

3 Likes