Killer Shrew, He’s Coming To Your Town To Get You at the Mods’ Choice Community Watchparty of THE KILLER SHREWS, tonight 10/27 at 8pm EDT!

Greetings, Gentle Forumbeings!

Much like Boyz II Men, we have reached the end of this Road Less Traveled, but we have one last adventure to draw this Mods’ Choice Watchparty Series to a close.

We recently observed that most glorious of weeks, Rodent Awareness Week, here in the States and we all agree there needs to be more awareness of rodents. And how better to do so than heading out to a remote island full of scientists and their out-of-control creations while a huge storm barrels down on them? No, no, it’s not Jurassic Park…it’s…

THE KILLER SHREWS!

pauses for screaming from the audience

069839F0-3100-4A53-B6A7-5323B0E88638

Also, the little short “Junior Rodeo Daredevils.”

pauses for more screaming

Ahh, we can feel the excitement!

We’re still UNAUTHORIZED, still UNOFFICIAL, still UNSTOPPABLE! Keep on sneaking past Kinga’s Minions (like little quiet mice…get it?). We’ve gotten away with it this long, so let’s not trip at the finish line! If we all behave, Killer Shrew Drinks all around!

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex VHX site:

MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

Untitled

The Killer Shrews - MST3K: SEASON 4 (1992) - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

In the theater, the crew watches as the inhabitants of a tiny island are terrorized by genetically-altered, giant killer shrews (played by dogs in masks) in “Killer Shrews” (1959). Meanwhile, on the SOL, Joel has a bad reaction to his Killer Shrew drink, as does TV’s Frank down in Deep 13.

Grab your Little Mermaid Ariel Bathtime Set, your Dragster Indoor Funnycar, and put on your best slacks from JC Penney to join us at 8PM EDT. (But of course, you can join in at any time by checking the clock and advancing to the current point. For example, if you tune in at 8:26 EDT, jump forward to 26 minutes.)

Remember, the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater is currently closed for cleaning (look, it needed some work…we suspect Munchie was involved), so be sure to meet us in the super seekret bunker (the VHX website)!

7 Likes

LETS EFFING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

It’s been a fantastico watch party series, and it’ll be awesome to reach the end of the Road Less Traveled in style with a terrific episode such as The Killer Shrews.

So, one more time…

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

o hai @pearls_mint :smiley:

7 Likes

My life’s goal of beating @optiMSTie to the LFG by 30 seconds has come to fruition

I am at peace now

7 Likes

psychproud

6 Likes

Soon…

4 Likes

give or take a few

4 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday, ya’ll!

What a week it’s been for us! Now let’s close it out and this amazing series of events in style!

Let’s do this!

3 Likes

Now this is a less traveled episode. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

It’s all going according to Ol’-Timer Billy Slater’s master plan!

2 Likes

A real joy, that. And it pairs well with director Ray Kellogg’s other classic, The Giant Gila Monster!

4 Likes

I’m already there!!

(take a look around, gonna watch The Killer Shrews, gonna write some comments down…)

All silly 90’s country music references aside, I can’t wait for this stream. Another episode I’m not too familiar with that everyone else says is a potential goldmine? Count me in.

It’s almost time for the final final countdown. And without further ado…may our SHREWS be KILLER!

3 Likes

… what if they’re merely pesky shrews…

[stares out the window]

[ponders the dangerousness of shrews]

4 Likes

Looks like it will be a Gizmoplex night for me. I bought a used copy of the Rhino Volume 7 DVD release many years ago which never had the Killer Shrews DVD replaced to fix the missing 45 seconds at the start of the film. One of these days, I need to pick up a copy of the Shout Factory re-release, but streaming should keep me in-sync with the rest of you.

5 Likes

I’m running late.

I’ll be here in spirit.

I wonder if my iPhone will read posts here as they’re being added?

Edit-nope “no speakable content on screen”

???

3 Likes

Twenty minutes. Check for potential sources of interruption.

3 Likes

Soon

7 Likes

Warming up with some giant leeches. Hard to keep lit.

4 Likes

What we need right now is some Dixieland Jazz. I miss the Jazz.

4 Likes

That’s one of my top 10 episodes, and 90% of fans don’t seem to know it exists.

4 Likes