Kingavision 3D Glasses

My glasses arrived today. But so did the power bill. Win some, lose some, I guess.

8 Likes

I got the thin mailer in the mail today. Inside was a sheet of paper saying the glasses were being sent, but no glasses. The package was empty otherwise.

Should I be worried?

BTW, I have emailed kickstarter@mst3k.com

4 Likes

Did you remember to turn down your lights where applicable?

3 Likes

I had to check twice for anything in my envelope. But I got both the glasses and the little flyer. Not saying you need to check again- but it can’t hurt. And I’m sure the support team will make sure you resolve things. And remember- you can still watch the episode WITHOUT the 3D glasses, so do not lose all hope!

3 Likes

I really thought if I just waited this out that I’d get my 3D glasses in time, but looking through this and the BackerKit link now for maybe the first time ever, nothing has shipped yet. I backed the project, added the $7 glasses, and paid for them way back in May 2021. Now I’m trying to figure out if there was something else I was supposed to do? I filled out the survey a year ago and my pledge was collected as well. I see some mentioning of “free” 3D glasses, but I paid $7 for them at the time. Really hope they still arrive in time for the 3D movie screening – over a year should be plenty of time! – and that I’m not expected to pay another $5 for shipping on top of the $7 I paid. Color me confused.

1 Like

Got into the Kickstarter page to view my pledge, which says I’m supposed to be getting the glasses. No message about them being sent yet though.

2 Likes

:notes: “I got the Joy Joy Joy Joy - down in my heart!”

5 Likes

All international backers should either have received an email yesterday with an update, or will receive one tomorrow (depending on what they ordered).

The goal is to get all of the international orders out by early next week, but – admittedly – we’re cutting it close. The warehouse is running a few days slower than their previous estimates to us.

If you want to be 1000% sure you’ll have 3D glasses in time for Oct 28 and you live abroad, I’d suggest finding a cheap $1-2 backup pair, just to be safe. :frowning:

7 Likes

Yhea… I took a look this morning. Could not find a cheap local option, only online and not at a price that makes it worth it. Just very unfortunate they were were tied up as long as they were, Even if i pay to request shipping now, the reality is they are likely to get caught up by Canadian Customs and still arrive after the episode is released.

I’ll just try to enjoy the episode without 3D, and just have to rewatch when I can get them with my other items.

Sucks that Canada Post treats mail to America as it’s own service but USPS just sees us as international. Oh well, at the end of the day it’s as first world a problem as you can get, and while disappointed, it’s just not worth further stress or anguish.

5 Likes

Ours came in n the mail today! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

For anybody not able to get your hands on the glasses before the episode, you can try to make some yourself:

Another option - look for kids books that have them included (my kid had an animal book that came with a pair)

Hope these help! I may be in this boat too if mine don’t arrive in time.

7 Likes

Got mine today! :sunglasses:

tumblr_acc8a0cfaa25b3f942899550422da37b_3d1eff46_500

3 Likes

Mine came today too, late mail 6:30pm.

3 Likes

At least I should have some extra pairs from the odd DVD of yesterdecade.

2 Likes

Amazon also has a nice supply, both in cardboard and plastic.

2 Likes

No glasses here :slightly_frowning_face: Did anyone receive the deluxe version yet? I ordered a pair of those. Just wondering if that’s the hold up. I’ve got no emails and nothing on the backer kit showing them being shipped. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Behold! It has arrived!!!

5 Likes

Mine apparently got marked ‘return to sender’ today when it went out for delivery with USPS claiming the address was vacant, but my address has not changed since I had rewards shipped last year nor is it inactive or inaccurate on Backerkit. At a loss tbh

2 Likes

I got a bunch with my DVD of Coraline waiting in the wings just in case.

2 Likes

I just received my 3D glasses. I noticed that they shipped from Louisville, Kentucky, but routed through Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to get to the Chicago suburbs for some reason.

4 Likes