Let's go on an MST3K Date

I’m just going to declare that it couldn’t have been Mitchell because there’s no way anyone could forget that no matter how much they tried to. :wink:

7 Likes

Season 8 is great for accessible, romantic episodes. You could try The Leech Woman… Wait. Um, ooh,The Mole People is lovely… until the end. Hmm.

Y’know what, just skip to Season 10 and track down Soultaker. The couple gets (and stays?) together in the end.

6 Likes

The real question is how can we get more dates for Kay?

9 Likes

The riffers hate on that pairing so much and it boggles my mind. They have one of the healthier relationships we’ve ever seen in any of these turkeys. Low bar, but… [sigh]

5 Likes

It’s just jealousy. They also may have a case Joe Estevez Envy.

4 Likes

There’s Robot Wars, oh, no, that’s just wrong. Uh, Night of the Blood Beast has the passion of a brief affair, I guess? Just ignore all the stuff about the consequences. Oh, The Corpse Vanishes has some weddings in it! Wait, I just remembered the rest of the plot. Skip that one, too. Sidehack-, no.

2 Likes

I could swear that I saw an interview with Estevez The Lesser where he just chuckled at mentions of MST3K and said, basically, It’s a living. :grin:

3 Likes

Speaking of awkward pairings, go with Space Mutiny and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. :+1:t3::+1:t3:

Unless they love anteaters. Then ignore the latter.

3 Likes

I think that’s the right attitude to have.

4 Likes

Yeah, if I ever become as rich and famous as Joe that philosophy will definitely be mine as well.

4 Likes

NOT Sidehackers.

4 Likes

My husband is only a casual fan, but that’s probably good, because it prevented us selling the house to fund Season 14. So, no MST3K related date nights, but he did go to the Argoman, Deathstalker and Circus of Horrors live events with me. That’s kind of like a date?

6 Likes

ARE YOU READY FOR MARRIAGE?!

9 Likes

My wife will watch the occasional episode, but also isn’t hugely into it. She’ll watch Starcrash with me, though. Gotta love a date with the Hoff and Caroline Munro!

6 Likes

Mitchell came out in 1993.

6 Likes

Good for him

3 Likes

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

2 Likes

Coming up with a MSTied movie that has a romantic thread and doesn’t end badly for one or more parties – or isn’t an ick-fest – is surprisingly difficult. How about Future War?

“She’s an aspiring nun that runs a halfway house for huge guys; he’s a tool from the future. Their love was written in the stars. Coming this fall to ABC.”

3 Likes

Travis Bickle would have picked that movie.

I never said it had to have a romantic thread. If anything, I said what is a good date night episode.

So far, they’ve seen Santo and the Treasure of Dracula and The Day the Earth Froze.

2 Likes