Let's Talk Baseball

Scherzer had another bad outing. I didn’t like it when they signed him after rooting against him on rival teams for so long, but I figured if he pitched well I could live with having him on the Mets. He hasn’t pitched well the end of last year or the beginning of this one.

2 Likes

Their lead is safe with Arte Moreno style pitching, or lack thereof.

2 Likes

Well that nice for a change. Bases loaded with no outs in the 8th, but the M’s got out of it and gave up only 2 runs.

And Scherzer for NY giving up back to back to back HRs. Yikes, I’m still learning who’s who, but he has not been a bright spot so far.

1 Like

Last night the Phillies postponed their home opener to Friday, here it is 3 hours past when the game was supposed to start and there hasn’t been a drop of rain, in fact the sun just came out. Looking like we might not get any rain at all tonight.

At least the forecast for tomorrow is still good.

2 Likes

The Mets did the same today for their opener. Before covid I would be there for OD and I’ve sat through many a cold and rainy game.
The weather was perfect today. I’d be mad if I had to change days.

2 Likes

Rockies won their home opener!

They are playing the Nationals this weekend. I’d hope they could at least beat the Nationals, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Welp, the Mariners are out of the cellar, and this time the other team gave up the lead, the M’s storm back and spoil Cleveland’s home opener off Julio Rodriguez’s game winning, 2 run homer (he also stole a base).

The Mets won, the only wins of the season are against the Marlins… they need to show that can beat bigger fish, like the Braves. Still, we’ll/I’ll take it.

Tylor Megill stepped up nicely when injuries thrust him into the lineup. He’s 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA.

But in bigger news, the patch, that big, square, ugly patch. lol

1 Like

After winning their home opener 1-0, the Rockies forgot to show up for the second game of the series, so far losing 10-5.

1 Like

Phillies go from down 2-0 to winning the game in the bottom of the ninth 3-2.

Very long review earlier in the game went against the Phillies, after 5 minutes they reverse a call and take a run off the board, how can it be conclusive if they have to look at it for 5 minutes? So much for speeding up the game…

1 Like

Review has really hurt the game, IMO. In exchange for overturning the very rare egregious blown call, we have to sit around for several minutes each game either waiting for the results of a challenge or waiting for the manager to decide whether to challenge or not.
It’s also taken the spontaneity out of watching the game, knowing that what you’ve just seen can be changed at any time.

1 Like

Senga!

And “Big Meat Pete”? (Interesting nickname), knocks in another homer in the Mets victory,

And the Mariners hand Quantrill his first home loss since 2019 - Been a good 2 days for an M&M fan.

As for replay, maybe MLB’s season is too long with too many teams to make this possible. But I like how the USFL (football) did it. Ref in the booth, monitors the entire game, and if he sees something, he says something. You don’t have to call him up or throw a coach’s challenge flag - he just looks at the replay, tells them it was or wasn’t a foul or turnover and “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!” it’s over quickly, and your back to playing with little time wasted.

1 Like

I believe Pete goes by The Polar Bear

The resemblance is there for sure

2 Likes

Yeah, as far as I know Polar Bear is his nickname, but the one you used reminds me of when Randy Johnson was called “The Big Unit”.

1 Like

I heard both

Welp, not a good day for the M&Ms - M’s lost in extra innings -sigh-

1 Like

Another potential loss with lots of runs scored and zero bullpen! Thanks, Failos! I knew your true style would come back.

angels-outfield

1 Like

Somehow the Rockies managed to win today, splitting the series with Washington.

1 Like

Looks like the Mets will be facing their nemesis, Yu Darvish, today.

1 Like

Let’s see if Scherzer can get past the dreaded 6th inning

2 Likes

Wow. A Chattanooga friend passed this along: the Lookouts won 7-5 with no hits in the first half of a double-header Saturday. Crazy

1 Like

During the Phillies game Sunday the radio guys were talking about that no-hitter loss. Scott read out the events of the inning where they gave up all those runs without allowing a hit, lots of walks and hit hit by pitches all in a row.

2 Likes