May Vault Picks?

I love these.

Just got the bots dire warning about Leprechauns.
We’re doomed.

6 Likes

This leads me to believe further GizmoBlips™ are on the way. :confetti_ball::dancer:t2::champagne:

5 Likes

There’s one con I must say about this month’s Vault Picks, though. It’s Jonah’s clean shave, and it scares me.

2 Likes

Just came in to say I fired up Killer Shrews and the Cynthia bumper was indeed a pleasant surprise. That’s a fun little addition that gets a thumbs up from me :+1:

9 Likes

The real quandary is:

Is this the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning?

7 Likes

It’s the Circle of Life, man…

4 Likes

“Does he even need those glasses?”

I CACKLED :smiley:

5 Likes

TOM SERVO: Jonah, I’m confused.
CROW: Yeah, what’s your deal? Why don’t you shave?
TOM SERVO: Yeah, yeah, that too…

Foreshadowing!

5 Likes

Five o’clock-shadowing??

6 Likes

The live stream of @mattmcg22 growing a beard. Your next live event, backers :grin:

7 Likes

I will admit that I have slowed down the end credits and see if I could catch any hidden jokes!

4 Likes

I was just about to mention the captioning thing myself, but I see that has already been covered.

As always, thanks for reaching out to do this for those of us who need it. It could be very easy to simply push this to the back-burner (as other sites and channels have), but it seems to be a top priority and is greatly appreciated.

7 Likes

I zoomed in to get a better look at the vault pick posters outside the Gizmoplex and found two amusing details.

• The poster for Pod People is labelled Extra Terrestrial Visitors, the film’s original title.

• Werewolf has the tagline “REST IN… BEAST” which is exactly the level of wit I’d expect from that production.

7 Likes

For anyone who would like to just see the GizmoBlips, these are the times:
King Dinosaur: 1h18m23s
Gamera: 30m43s
Pod People: 48m21s
Killer Shrews: 1h24m12s
BotE: 42m17s
Werewolf: 1h06m57s

As far as I saw, there’s just one per episode. (Along with an ad-read, and the Synthia Selects intro/outros.)

…Hm. I wonder how valuable the community would find it to be able to link directly to specific times for an episode (like you can with YouTube). Obviously, you’d need to have access to the content to view it, but it would be nifty. :smiley:

Edit: …though, for vault picks, those links would break at the end of every month…

7 Likes

I’m enjoying the Selects. I particularly enjoy Jonah’s description at the beginning of Gamera: Glasses.

4 Likes

Announcement, everyone! The May Vault Picks have captions now - read ‘‘em before they’re gone!

10 Likes

The captions on the Vault Picks seem a bit slow? I don’t know if it’s just that the characters speak too fast in the movie, but I’ve noticed a few sequences where the captions are lagging behind, in particular the “it’s always been called a centipede” sequence from Pod People.

1 Like