MST3K in Other Media

@MattBlack
Did they? I’m a HUGE old school Deadlands fan. I have every book for the original Deadlands (including the special editions), but very little of Reloaded.

I always assumed they did that so players could be from the Confederacy and not feel like a horrible human being. What did they change it to?

3 Likes

Short version- thanks to mystical time shenanigans, the North won, just like in the real world.

4 Likes

Huh. Okay then.

I could just never get into Reloaded. I just do not like the system as much.

Anyway, I’ll have to dig up that image or Forester cutting Frank’s hair. I can’t find it on the net, so I’ll have to take a picture of my own.

3 Likes

A couple others off the Homestar Runner references:

In the strong bad email “personal favorites,” Coach Z says “I’m a blade man, man” while knife-fighting Pom Pom on the stone bridge, echoing one Crow T Robot from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. They later did a puppet piece where Homestar sings about Santam’n being a blade man, as well.

Also worth noting, Paul and Storm, duo behind many a song in the reboot, contributed a song under their “DaVinci Notebook” moniker to the site, in the form of “The Ballad of the Sneak”. Though that’s more of a reverse reference.

5 Likes

Some MST3K Easter Eggs in the game Guacamelee 2

10 Likes

If you posted something above on or before September 7 and the image is missing, here’s how you can fix it:

1. Click on the 3 dots below your post
  2. Click on the trash can to delete it
  3. Click on the circular arrow to restore the post
  4. SCHPLONK! The image is back.

Note: You have to wait 60 seconds between posts if doing more than one and can only do 5 per day.

8 Likes

@MichaelRobertson

Do you know if there’s anyway to restore the initial post without deleting it? I’d like my initial pictures to be restored but don’t want to risk removing the thread.

Regardless, thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

Images in the original post are trickier once the edit window has passed. To fix those would take admin privileges, I think.

A half fix is to quote the post. They won’t be back up there, but they are in the quote:

7 Likes

I’ll take it, I guess.

Regardless, thank you very much!

3 Likes

If you edit and save the original post, that may do the trick.

4 Likes

Editing a post will work too, but after a while (7 days, maybe?) old posts become uneditable.

3 Likes

When this first happened, in my Hammer thread it wouldn’t allow me to delete the OP without an Admins help, I assume because it would wipe out the entire thread.

So I quoted it as a test, and while the original image didn’t return it could be seen in the quote (as had been mentioned above).

Now flash forward a week and I find the image in the OP HAD returned, but how? Then I remembered @Jonathan_Eckley added tags to the OP, maybe that dislodged something? I don’t know. But I’ll add a tag to your OP and see what happens.

EDIT- Yup, that worked. Your pics are back in the OP. So, Jonathan found a fix without knowing it?

7 Likes

I have restored lots of original post images by adding tags. Editing titles->saving the change->then changing the topic title back and saving again works to restore the image in a topic post as well.

7 Likes

Fantastic—I didn’t know either of those methods also worked.

3 Likes

BTW - I removed the tag, cause it was generic and didn’t encompass the thread as a whole.

But thanks Jonathan for discovering the fix. It was nice to have my Hammer banner return from the grave.

4 Likes

Whelp, all of this fixing threads stuff calls for a celebration!

And what better way to celebrate than to post one of my all time fave references to our space fairing friends?

Here’s a nod to the SOL from one of my favorite properties of all time, Knights of The Dinner Table!

Hoody-Hoo, indeed!

11 Likes

Wait, Sarah is Frank?!?!?

3 Likes

I always found that weird too. I mean, shouldn’t B.A. be Dr. F?

2 Likes

A few weeks ago on Creature Features, they received a Manos postcard in the mail, Vincent didn’t know who the robots were, and Mr. Livingston only got part of the show’s title right? Oh, the indignity - lol

6 Likes

I can’t find any videos or images of it, but Alton Brown used to have a little feature on Good Eats called Mystery Food Science Theater.

8 Likes