MST3K in Other Media

Oh, and has anyone mentioned Torgo showing up on an episode of Elementary?

If not, here he is, as a suspect in a murder case.

manos

9 Likes

:partying_face: Yeah. I saw that on Tuesday but didn’t have a chance to post about it here.

Found Footage Festival is a treasure and I wish I could see them live again like we did in the old days. Effing Covid, maaaaan.

3 Likes

I mean, presumably the reason why is because if they did it the correct way, Crow wouldn’t make it into the strip.

4 Likes

Check out the outfit worn by the Emmy-winning creator of the animated TV show City of Ghosts, which I’m going to have to watch now.

11 Likes

Star Trek TNG had a “Tom Servo model” tricorder.

12 Likes

On one of the Regular Show Halloween specials, Pops dressed as Joel.

10 Likes

Went from selling tricorders to used robots, I see…

3 Likes

Justin Roiland’s video game “High On Life” guest stars Mike, Rich and Jay from RedLetterMedia, and they recorded live commentary on multiple full-length movies (including “Blood Harvest”, “Demon Wind” and “Tammy and the T-Rex”) that you can watch along with their characters in a theater.

However, it’s the way this is presented in-game that is very interesting:

(apologies for lower quality screenshot, perhaps there may be better quality videos available after the game is out for a while)

6 Likes

There are commentaries for entire films within the game?

3 Likes

Yes, from what I hear. I’m not 100% sure if their commentaries run throughout all movies (there is a full commentary for Demon Wind according to Reddit) but the movies are indeed the full-length versions:

You can watch them in the theater as well as on the TV in your character’s house.

EDIT: Unconfirmed, but a comment in that Reddit thread mentioned that the entirety of Night of the Living Dead is included as well, which was not mentioned in the Pure Xbox article.

4 Likes

That’s incredible!

And on Demon Wind specifically, I’ve been waiting for someone to tackle that!

3 Likes

Empowered also has a minor recurring character named Dr. Big McLargehuge.

4 Likes

And there’s this page from the ‘90s Young Justice series.

I’m sure they’re fine.

5 Likes

Pretty sure that’s Todd Nuack. Why does that name sound so familiar…

9 Likes

YOU MONSTERS!

4 Likes

The Powerpuff Girls episode “Silent Treatment”. They’re taken to see a silent movie and spend some time riffing it in the familiar MST3K style before the actual plot starts.

5 Likes

Okay I don’t know for sure that this is an MST3K reference, but I’m reading Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir and this line just leapt out at me:

“Massive slam on Protesilaus out of nowhere,” said Gideon.

I mean… it has to be, right?

7 Likes

The adult puppet series Transylvania Television had a brief black-out gag featuring Joel and the 'bots. They even got Trace to voice Crow for the bit.

8 Likes

Not sure if this has already been posted here, but…

12 Likes

YOUCH.

On a semi-related note, just remembering a show called Slugterra, with one episode having newscasters Blast Vanderhuge and Bob Johnson. Gee, now why does that sound familiar?

3 Likes