MSTies Hive-mind Cover Song Playlist!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with adding another Tina Turner song so quickly, right? Zeppelin is my favorite band, and Tina did justice to “Whole Lotta Love”.

2 Likes

I hadn’t ever heard this and listened to it with hope, but sorry, even having the song performed by Tina doesn’t make “Whole Lotta Love” listenable for me. Enjoy, everyone else.

1 Like

Has it been long enough for me to post another song for the playlist? Because I think everyone will agree with my choice:

6 Likes

It’s a great version of the song, and I’m always surprised at the number of people who don’t realize it’s a cover.

3 Likes

My mother had the Four Lads version on 45 in an album of 45s from her teenage years and I used to listen to it as a kid.

2 Likes

Soundgarden covering Devo

2 Likes

Daww nice ^that was on my list.

2 Likes

Gotta keep up with this one.

4 Likes

A friend of mine used to do “Exodus” live, and he would just randomly sing “Pepsodent, toothpaste for Jah people” here and there to see if anyone noticed. Usually not, which made it even funnier.

I’d like to have been in the room when someone said “this isn’t weird enough, let’s throw ‘City of Tiny Lites’ in there.”

2 Likes

I can’t remember if I had a heads-up it was coming the first time I heard that track, but yeah … CoTL is a weird thing to cover, period. (Unless you’re Adrian Belew. I think he still does it occasionally.)

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I put all mine in the other thread of covers. You can just grab one a week for yourself until they run out.

3 Likes

Heard this on SiriusXM on my way home from work. So now the Wild Wild World Of Batwoman riff can be reused for this playlist… “Oh no, Ringo’s in it!”

3 Likes

Meh. I never got on board with the Ringo hate. I like his drumming and he’s always come across as a nice guy. And I like all of the songs he sang with The Beatles. They’re not as complicated as some of the others, and I am sure he would be the first to admit he’s not as talented a singer as the other three, but they were all good songs. I really like Octopus’ Garden, which he also wrote. And I think of his solo work, It Don’t Come Easy is a really good song too.

3 Likes