New Year's Eve Riffing Traditions?

For the past few years I’ve rung in the New Year with riffing.

Last year RiffTrax’s The Shape of Things to Come was on Amazon Prime and the year before that I watched Mike and Bridget’s riff of Chartade. Often I finish watching my Christmas MST3K movie on New Year’s, too.

What are your NYE riffing traditions/recommendations?

This year I might do Star Force: Fugitive Alien or watch a bunch of the Gamera films.

2 Likes

Been trying to get up the nerve to watch Star Crash, but… yeah…
Changed up the choices this year in a funky way, no reason as to why. All I can think of is watching S13 brought a few older ones I haven’t seen for a while to mind.
At least one Gamera, maybe a Hercules, then some Monty Python (Holy Grail), and trying to look up some online feeds for fireworks from cities around the US where friends are. Besides that, keeping an eye on my cats if things get loud around us; never as bad as July 4, but all the same…

3 Likes

Well, last year we put away two bottles of prosecco and commentated on a bunch of U2 music videos…does that count?

“Discotheque” in particular is a HOOT!

Band-Pop-Discotheque-Boomcha-2-90s

3 Likes

Maybe follow it with a screening of Can’t Stop the Music.

Can’t Stop the Music (1980) - IMDb

3 Likes

I’m currently in the process of starting a new tradition. I’m watching movies where alcohol features prominently. First, I watched I Accuse My Parents. Now up is The Final Sacrifice. Next…Mitchell? Giant Spider Invasion? Both?? Both!

3 Likes

Called an audible and went with Atlantic Rim instead.

4 Likes

Sounds like good horse hockey

4 Likes

I think you mean bull butter. :wink:

5 Likes

Don’t miss The Killer Shrews if you make it a pentalogy!

3 Likes

I think Killer Shrews has more alcohol than all those put together.

3 Likes

Point of order: This film features not alcohol but beehwwwzzzze.

4 Likes

Alcohol-free boooooze (sounds the same to me)? Sign me up!

3 Likes

Atlantic Rim has a troubling BAC. @Aquarius and @FastidiousRobot, I’ve put on The Killer Shrews to see how it stacks up.

2 Likes

:cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

That ought to get you through the opening credits. (shrews screeching!)

2 Likes

Journey

Chain Reaction - Y’all thought I’d say Separate Ways!

Happy Jackie Chan GIF by Ka-pow

1 Like

Are there any episodes with an actual NYE scene? There must be, but I can’t think of one